30+ days ago
We're looking for a BI Specialist to join our team in Amsterdam. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about data modelling, data visualisation and data analysis. You will develop dashboards for minor departments and will also ensure the adoption of Best Practices for dashboards across all departments, making sure that the same methodology to build advanced metrics is being followed by the entire organisation.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions. As charging needs evolve, you'll be helping us to provide the infrastructure and expertise needed to make electric mobility the norm around the world.
Get to know the team
As a BI Specialist based in Amsterdam office you will be part of the Data Analytics team reporting to the Lead Product Owner – Data Analytics. You will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and managing the BI tool and its dashboards, providing a single point of truth regarding reports across the organisation. This role will be an important pillar for the Data Management capability of the company.
"I believe much will develop in the next decade, and EVBoxers are already thinking of the next steps ahead. All I can say is that I'm very excited about what's coming next, and I am honored to be part of it." – Corinne, Regional Director France
What you'll be doing
Managing the BI tool, creating dashboards, ensuring future proof reports to fulfil business needs with proper controls in place, taking into consideration IT Security guidelines and also legal requirements (e.g. GDPR).
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Support team members in design and building future-proof data models.
- Coordinates with data engineers and Senior Product Owner to refine work items on the product backlog, acting and performing those tasks related to the BI visualisation tool.
- Responsible for managing the BI tool and the proper user authorisation.
- Building dashboards for the entire organisation. You will also be responsible to guide the business people that wants to build their own dashboards right into the BI tool.
- Responsible to keep the Data Catalogue up to date with the correct business definitions of each data.
- Having the understanding of the organisational structure and which data resides where in the organisation.
- Identifies data quality issues and report this to the data owner and data stewards.
- Documents the specifications on the dashboards (mechanics and design) in a reporting guide that can easily be shared with the users of the dashboard(s).
What you'll bring to the team
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- Expert in BI tools with a strong focus in Tableau (other tools are a plus).
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational database management systems.
- Understanding of a star schema.
- Understanding of data normalisation.
- Data vault 2.0 and Kimball are a plus.
We want you to demonstrate
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent team player with a proactive mindset.
- Proven success in communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modelling decisions and data engineering strategy.
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.