Automotive Solution Engineer
25 days ago
We're looking for a Global Solutions Engineer for Automotive to join our team in Amsterdam.
As a Global Solution Engineer for Automotive, you will focus on Pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, product demonstrations and Proof-of-Concepts (POCs) with hands-on assistance to customers and OEMs during pre-sales
You will operate from our Amsterdam office in the Netherlands and you will report to the global manager, Solution Engineering.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions. As charging needs evolve, you'll be helping us to provide the infrastructure and expertise needed to make electric mobility the norm around the world.
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from petrol/diesel to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof. Team Business Development at EVBox is focused on educating stakeholders and building partnerships to drive towards a zero-emission future.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Provide product and service advice to existing and new customers: present and articulate the (technical) benefits of all our charging solutions and products to partners and customers
- Lead and support the launch of new products and services for Automotive OEMs
- Assist business development managers in making the quotations based on customer - and partner input
- Participate in a constructive feedback environment with dry-runs and role playing to
- relentlessly focus on "customer value" and "why EVBox"
- Provide any necessary technical support to business development managers during technical meetings with customers
- Demonstrate products and services (FAT, SAT) to customers
Technical training and new product launches
- Provide technical trainings to sales teams and partners (both internal and external)
- Inform partners, customers and team members about relevant issues and new releases
- Lead and support the launch of new products and services in your segment
What you'll bring to the team:
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- Engineer/Master's degree with a technical background or equivalent work experience, preferably with a major in Electricity, Electronics, or Electro-mechanical field;
- 5+years of experience supporting in technical support, sales support or technical customer service, preferably in the industry
- Trained in value based selling methodologies
- Knowledge of Automotive OEMs and relevant industry stakeholders
- Expertise in European markets
- Comfortable travelling to onsite and in-person sessions
We want you to demonstrate
- In-depth knowledge or willingness to acquire of the EV sector
- Electrical and/or mechanical system knowledge.
- Affinity with renewable technologies, product and service innovation
- Expertise in electronics standards and principles
- Good understanding of software development and connectivity
- Understanding of the product development process.
If you have any of these, even better
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- General computer skills in Office
- A problem solver with interest in customer issues and business
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.