Accounts Payable Specialist
27 days ago
Accounts Payable Specialist
To provide financial and administrative support to EV Charged BV and its global subsidiaries. By ensuring the accurate and timely processing, verification, approval and payment of all invoices and employee expenses.
Assist in setting up and maintaining vendor data and information. Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders/suppliers to ensure vendor accounts are accurately maintained with any discrepancies resolved.
Perform month end close procedures, implement controls, and help with the overall improvement of all purchase to pay processes.
- Department Finance
- Reports to Accounts Payable manager
- No manager role
- Location Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Focus areas, main duties, and responsibilities
- Responsible for the processing of all incoming invoices and credit notes through the Vendor Invoice Management (VIM), Zapier OCR tool and SAP
- Verify invoices against purchase orders and ensure goods or services were received before issuing payment to vendors
- Maintain regular communication with vendors and internal business partners to establish effective relationships
- Validate and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements
- Review and process employee expenses into SAP
- Reconcile the accounts payable sub-ledger to ensure all invoices and payments are accounted for and posted correctly.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of accounts payables inbox, respond to reminders and general administrative tasks.
To optimise the purchase to pay processes, ultimately
enabling the company to have increased visibility, accuracy,
and control over their expenditure.
- Help assist with the booking of cost accruals
- Help reconcile inter-company account balances
- Algin with the business finance and accounting teams to ensure appropriate GLs, Cost Centres and posting periods are used.
- Review aged payables and provide recommendations for follow up
- Accurate and reliable vendor ageing list and overview of accruals
- Improve existing management reporting
- Report on KPIs, individual vendor balances or issues
- Support the monthly closing process
- Improve (documentation of) processes, implement tooling
- Help assist with cash reporting and cash forecasting
- Improve global AP management
- Reliable steering information and process improvements
- Provide support to the Finance and Procurement teams and overall business
- Communicate with local entities, as-applicable
- Participate in specific projects such as improvements to systems or processes
Improved performance of Finance department, and the overall business
- Degree in finance/accounting preferred but not required
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Experienced in handling Accounts Payable for multiple, international subsidiaries
- Knowledge of and experience working with SAP, preferably working knowledge of VIM and Zapier OCR tools too. Proficient in Excel and Google platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, other languages, like Dutch a plus
- Pro-active collaborator who demonstrates initiative and problem solving
- Ability to organize workload between processing a high volume of invoices, administrative tasks, and improvement projects.
- High degree of accuracy and diligence to detail
- Flexible and confident to learn new systems, processes, and procedures
Competencies Competency description
- Ability to work accurately and meticulously, with an eye for detail, aimed at avoiding (careless) errors
- Consistently achieves high quality work, detects problems, and adjusts within permitted norms. Anticipates problems and recognises hidden defects
- Ability to satisfy the needs and requirements of external and internal customers/stakeholders within the context of set parameters
Planning & organising
- Ability to effectively determine goals, priorities, and timing, indicate courses of action and resources needed to achieve objectives.
- Strongly oriented towards conducting business, towards initiating action of his/her own accord and not waiting (for others) any longer than is necessary
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.