AC Field Support Engineer
30+ days ago
We are looking for an AC Field Support Engineer to join our Support team. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about providing a high level of technical support for Charging Stations with a wide array of complex issues across our AC product line. You should be able to reliably deliver results and ensure proper support to our partners. For this role you will be traveling to our partners' locations in order to resolve on-site issues that cannot be solved remotely. You will also be responsible for handling escalations from our L2 support team. You can be located either in the Netherlands, Germany or France near one of our Support hubs and you will be traveling within the EU up to 60% of the time.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions.
You'll be contributing to the way our innovative charging solutions are designed, built, and maintained. At every stage, our solutions need to be in peak condition to make electric mobility easy and affordable for businesses and drivers around the world.
A bit about the team and role:
You will be part of the Global Second Line Support team that is responsible for supporting questions raised by our L2 Support Engineers. You will be part of our L2.5 Technical Support team, which is responsible for resolving the most complex issues from L2, escalating the issues with proper documentation to our L3 teams and coordinating corrective and preventive action plans with the L3 Engineering team. You will be the link between L2 and L3 and one of your main responsibilities will be implementing L3 knowledge at L2 by collaborating with the Training department and Knowledge Management. Additionally, you will be responsible for increasing the technical knowledge of L2 Engineers as well as ensuring that processes and procedures are always fully up to date.
"I am part of a very reliable team - I know that whenever I need help, someone will always be there to support me and I am trying to do my best to make my colleagues feel the same way." – anonymous review in the yearly survey
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Track concerns and tasks, and follow up on tickets in the available incident management system (Salesforce)
- Resolve complex issues on-site
- Assure that key escalations are resolved
- Perform root cause analysis on new issues faced
- Perform deep analyses of technical inquiries and provide feedback on hardware and firmware development
- Ensure proper escalation of issues and follow up
- Ensure that technical incidents are properly documented and followed-up on, including providing feedback to the relevant teams internally (i.e. Quality, Supply Chain, L3 Support, Project Management, Training and Knowledge Management)
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (electrical engineering, electronics, mechanical engineering or similar)
- Fluency in English required. Another European language (French, German, Dutch, Norwegian, Spanish) is considered a plus
- At least 5 years of work experience in (technical) support roles (ideally within technology / energy / electrical / automotive companies)
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience working with hardware
- Any experience with cloud connected embedded systems, or programming / scripting languages (i.e. embedded C, JSON, XML) is advantageous (but not mandatory)
- Experience troubleshooting fieldbus systems (e.g. RS-485, CAN) is considered a plus.
- Good understanding of customer support / call center operations (telephony, case management tools and processes)
- Previous experience with ticketing systems is a must (e.g. Salesforce)
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong customer-centric mindset, willingness to help others
- Ability to influence and empathize with remote teams
- Certified in EN 50110-1 "Operation of electrical installations" on European Level or equivalent by country (e.g.: Netherlands: NEN 3140 ; Germany: DIN VDE 0105-100)
- Excellent verbal and written English
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work at our Amsterdam location
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Amsterdam West that meets all your needs (when not working from home)
Due to legal requirements you must have a valid work permit.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.