Senior Manager, Global Benefits
Environmental Defense Fund
30+ days ago
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: https://www.edf.org/jobs/senior-manager-global-benefits
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
The Senior Manager, Global Benefits will be responsible for the design and administration of EDF’s benefit programs. As part of a fast-growing international non-profit, this role is responsible for determining the global short- and long-term strategies for health and wellness programs to ensure that the organization provides benefits which attract and retain colleagues in a compliant and cost effective manner. The ideal candidate will be a proven adaptable Benefits professional with experience in a growth environment who will develop creative pragmatic recommendations for improvements in response to regulatory changes and the evolving employment landscape. The Senior Manager will supervise a team of two Benefits professionals and reports to the AVP, Global HRIS & Total Rewards.
- Manages the short and long term strategies for global health and wellness programs to ensure market competitiveness
- Manages the efficient and effective implementation, communication, and administration of benefit and wellness programs
- Leads benefit renewal process and oversees the open enrollment season
- Conducts and participates in group benefits presentations, one-on-one consultations, quarterly 403(b) meetings, wellness programs, intranet articles, etc.
- Manages all benefits-related partnerships with vendors to provide comprehensive coverage to address employee needs
- Participates in the negotiation of associated contracts
- Ensures accurate billing and reconciliation of all invoices, serving as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government regulations and timelines as well as the accuracy of required filings
- Partners with Legal, Finance and Payroll functions as required regarding plan operations, plan funding, and accounting of the benefits budgets and billing.
- Monitors and updates employee benefits database in WORKDAY
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations such as COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ERISA, GDPR. Prepare and file required legal reports (e.g., 5500s.
- Administer retirement plans such as 401(k), 403(b), and 457(b) and European pensions.
- Prepares data for annual non-discrimination testing of 403(b) and FSA plans
- Improves quality and cost-effectiveness of existing benefit plans
- Reviews and updates human resources benefit policies and procedures as needed
- Oversees leave, disability, and workers compensation. Serves as a subject matter expert to Business Partners on all issues related to FMLA and other leaves of absence for medical, family and personal reasons in accordance with EDF policies and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in HR-related field; Masters a plus
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a benefits administration role, preferably in a small to medium-sized firm (e.g., 600+ employees), with demonstrated knowledge of managing the benefits administration of an organization
- Proven expertise and knowledge of industry trends, regulations and reporting requirements through Benefits related certifications and associations a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees throughout the organization including senior management
- Firm understanding of human resources policies, procedures, PPACA, ADA, HIPPA requirements
- Vendor negotiation skills are a plus
- Positive attitude and ability to remain flexible in an evolving environment
- Ability to take the initiative, make decisions, multitask, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Good judgment in managing sensitive and confidential matters
- Superior organizational skills with strong attention to detail, follow up and problem solving resolution
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; knowledge of WORKDAY preferred
Please attach a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in the role at: _ https://www.edf.org/jobs/senior-manager-global-benefits_
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 120,000 - 130,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote