IT Business Analyst
Environmental Defense Fund
30+ days ago
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?Responsibilities :
Location: Remote preferrable East Coast hours
The IT Business Analyst will be responsible for acting as a liaison between EDF's business users and technologists. This individual must develop a good understanding of both business and technology processes to be able to explain the business needs to the technology teams. Similarly, the Business Analyst would credibly present technological concepts to the EDF users. He/she should be able to see and understand multivariable cause and effect scenarios within the business and identify key root causes. Additionally, the individual will lead brainstorming discussions for business problem resolution and be able to communicate complex business/technical solutions.
- Drives the requirements gathering process, determines needs and clearly articulates as simple use cases and acceptance criteria for features and enhancements
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision
- Ensure requirements are addressed in the order of priority. Ensure adherence to the business objectives learned from the requirements sessions
- Creates process mapping for current state and future state scenarios
- Responsibilities will also include creating and maintaining documentation and process flows in line with Business Analysis best practices. The role will also involve the coordination of testing across multiple user groups and development teams to ensure the solution provided matches the business needs
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics
- Participate in solution design sessions
- Take part in new or inflight IT projects and organizational initiatives
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Awareness and correct assessment of risk and exposure issues
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, accounting or related
- 5+ years of Business Analysis experience in complex environments
- Skilled in project management methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including planning, organizing, and managing resources
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Smartsheet or other PM software is a strong plus
- ERP systems or software implementation experience welcome but not required
- Demonstrated ability to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative member of a team of highly skilled people, all with strong views about various technologies, frameworks, and approaches to delivery
- Excellent communications skills to both technology and non-technology users on tasks of varying levels of complexity
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Fluency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.