Manager, Internal Audit
Environmental Defense Fund
New York City, NY, United States
30+ days ago
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the Manager, Internal Audit will be responsible for the execution of Internal Audit projects and support all aspects of the Internal Audit function from audit planning, execution, and follow-up including delivering insight reports that highlight process gaps, control deficiencies and areas for improvement. The position will work closely with the Global Enterprise and Program teams to add value to the organization by identifying and addressing risks and driving efficiencies.
The location for this role is Remote-US with a preference in the New York, New York area as well.
- Maintains an understanding of the financial, operational, and technology processes, risks and controls related to the business.
- Conduct preliminary reviews of audit areas to define scope and analyze risk.
- Applies process analysis, business intelligence, and problem-solving techniques when planning an audit, performing walkthroughs, and identifying effective test steps.
- Executes audit field work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to identify potential issues and support these with data, prepare draft audit reports and communicate with stakeholders.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously and effectively manage timelines in order to deliver high quality work products in a timely and efficient manner with limited supervision.
- Perform special reviews and other related duties, as assigned.
- Continuously expands knowledge of data analytics and use of technology to enhance audit testing, identify opportunities for continuous monitoring and repeatable test plans.
- Identifies efficiencies and opportunities for enhancing internal audit delivery.
- Provides constructive and timely feedback and assists in identifying development opportunities.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the experiences feel connected, included and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Out of town travel up to 20% per year.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or similar.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in in the field of internal audit and/or public accounting within a nonprofit organization. Accounting experience preferred from a mid-tier or Big 4 firm supporting clients in the nonprofit sector.
- Certifications (CPA, CIA, CFE, etc.) are highly desired.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with all levels and functions.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office. Experience with ACL a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong project management, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Possess a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment that strives to exceed expectations.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.