PROJECT MANAGER ADVISORY SERVICES
Emerald Cities Collaborative
18 days ago
PROJECT MANAGER ADVISORY SERVICES
EMERALD CITIES COLLABORATIVE BACKGROUND
The Emerald Cities Collaborative (ECC) is a national non-profit organization that partners with labor unions, community organizations, social justice advocates, development intermediaries, research and technical assistance providers, and socially responsible businesses dedicated to building high road – sustainable, just and inclusive – regional economies. The Collaborative envisions a future in which American cities are the greenest and most equitable in the world, leading the way to head off global climate change while creating a vital new economic sector with low-income and communities of color as central actors and beneficiaries in this new economy. Visit our website for more information: http://www.emeraldcities.org/
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Project Manager works within the advisory services unit to identify, collect, curate, and organize knowledge to generate new insights about what can drive economic inclusion and climate action among government and corporate clients. The Project Manager is responsible for producing reports and PowerPoint presentations for government and corporate clients and ECC staff. The position conducts research and analyses, develops surveys, interview instruments, and questionnaires, and facilitates focus groups. The Project Manager will successfully work with project partners, stakeholders, and clients across various time zones. Must have experience working with multi-stakeholder collaboratives and grassroots organizations.
The Project Manager's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Curating knowledge and generating reports for ECC clients
Collecting knowledge sources can help answer research questions about local and regional contexts. This includes but is not limited to:
- Census data
- GIS data
- Dun and Bradstreet market reports
- Labor Market Analyses
- Industry reports and analyses in energy, construction, and energy efficiency
- ACEEE city and state reports
Reviewing and organizing knowledge sources that can answer research questions developed by clients, consultants and ECC staff
Conducting literature searches on a range of areas relevant to the intersection of economy, environment, and equity,
Writing analytical reports and producing slide decks for staff and clients
Maintaining the Emerald Cities Center of Excellence
Collecting content for the ECC Center of Excellence
- Developing templates for use by ECC staff and consultants
- Generating content for the ECC Center of Excellence
- Working with the Center of Excellence team to ensure content is current, relevant, and useful to ECC staff and consultants
- Developing technical writing resources such as style guides with the goal of increasing the ECC’s capacity to produce professional style reports for clients.
The candidate is part of ECC's Advisory Services Unit, reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer. This position will also be supported by the National Director of Policy and Civic Engagement.
Location: Remote. Travel is required.
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: $70,000 to $80,000
Research and Communication: Conducts research and communicates results to clients through written reports and PowerPoint presentations. Produces qualitative and quantitative research plans, designs research questionnaires, coordinates fieldwork initiatives, and conducts post-research analyses and evaluations. Interprets research data, author research reports, and makes actionable recommendations to stakeholders.
Capacity Building and Leadership Development: Supports BIPOC-centered community-based organizations with capacity building, including staffing, fund development, knowledge sharing, organizing, communications, and outreach. Will work with corporate and government clients on ECC consulting projects.
Project Management: Applies project management tools to communicate project timelines and deliverables. Able to produce project Gantt charts, project dashboards for clients and ECC staff.
Leadership: Provide organizational leadership in implementing effective tools and strategies for advancing values-based, community-driven clean energy economies within their city region.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- The ideal candidate must have excellent skills in writing analytical reports and the visual presentation of data.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management and related experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Background in social research including experience with GIS, labor market analysis, and reviewing technical reports
- Skills with PowerPoint, Google Slide, Visio or other visual platforms
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Ability to multi-task, be organized, and flexible
- Commitment to the goal of advancing equity and economic inclusion in America
- Strong technical and policy writing skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Copy editing experience is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send a resume, writing sample and cover letter to Whitney Weston at wweston at emeraldcities.org. Subject line should read “PROJECT MANAGER-Advisory Services Unit" – [Your Name].
Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and other people from communities traditionally underrepresented in the environmental and energy efficiency sectors, are encouraged to apply.
Emerald Cities Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical handicap, or political affiliation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift