PROJECT MANAGEMENT INTERN SUMMER 2023
Emerald Cities Collaborative
Boston, MA, United States
23 days ago
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INTERN SUMMER 2023
EMERALD CITIES COLLABORATIVE BACKGROUND
The Emerald Cities Collaborative (ECC) is a national non-profit organization that partners with labor unions, community organizations, social justice advocates, development intermediaries, research and technical assistance providers, and socially responsible businesses dedicated to building high road – sustainable, just and inclusive – regional economies. The Collaborative envisions a future in which American cities are the greenest and most equitable in the world, leading the way to head off global climate change while creating a vital new economic sector with low-income and communities of color as central actors and beneficiaries in this new economy. Visit our website for more information: http://www.emeraldcities.org/
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Project Management Intern (Intern) is a summer internship position based in Massachusetts. In this role, you would be part of a diverse program implementation team. You will report to the Community Engagement and Policy Manager and collaborate closely with other program managers at Emerald Cities. You’ll join the team at an exciting time as we work toward further developing our regional strategy for enhancing our civic engagement and economic inclusion work. The role will be a great mix of high-level strategic thinking, detailed analysis, and getting out into the field to meet with local partners directly. The Intern will provide strategic support for existing projects focused on prioritizing low-income and BIPOC communities in the transition to a clean energy economy. This position will support the growing portfolio work of the Emerald Cities Northeast team, including the following programs:
- Emerald Connections- a weatherization + healthy homes pilot program
- E-Contractor Academy - a contractor accelerator program for minority- and women-owned construction businessesLocation: Washington, DC (Hybrid 2 - 3 days a week)
Location: Boston, MA (Telework)
Job Type: Internship, seasonal
Hourly Wage: $18-24 depending on experience
Commitment: Up to 32 hours per week
Policy & Civic Engagement
- Support the Emerald Connections Program Manager in developing a community engagement strategy template for use by community-based organization partners
- Research weatherization + health program best practices, challenges, and opportunities to share with community-based organization partners
- Organize and disseminate project updates to program stakeholders through the ECC Northeast quarterly newsletter and other engagement strategies
- Support the team with tracking stakeholder engagement using quantitative measures and make recommendations based on successes and non-successes
- Support the evaluation team developing metrics to track program success
- Support the Economic Inclusion Manager in developing a contractor resource toolkit that includes detailed information on how to access a variety of technical assistance resources
- Collect testimonials and program feedback from past E-Contractor Academy program participants
- Create branded program recruitment materials (e.g., email recruiting templates, recruitment video, etc.) for use in upcoming contractor accelerator programming
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate or graduate student studying communications, business, policy, sustainability, research, or related field.
- Communications/marketing to diverse communities and stakeholders.
- Experience using Google Suite applications.
- Proficiency at or desire to learn Salesforce CRM.
- Strategic and task oriented.
- Strong writing, verbal communication, and analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask, be organized, and flexible.
- Strong commitment to advancing racial, gender and social equity.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must complete the Indeed application, then send a resume, brief statement or cover letter detailing their interest in the position, interest in climate policy, civic engagement, economic development, clean energy, and/or sustainability work, and any relevant skills or experience to Esmeralda Bisono at ebisono at emeraldcities.org. Subject line should read “Program Management Intern” – [Your Name].
We are seeking candidates through the MassCEC Clean Energy Internship program. Please check eligibility to participate in the program here: https://www.masscec.com/clean-energy-internships-students.
Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and other people from communities traditionally underrepresented in the environmental and energy efficiency sectors, are encouraged to apply.
Emerald Cities Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical handicap, or political affiliation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Boston, MA 02108