ECONOMIC INCLUSION PROGRAM MANAGER- NORTHEAST REGION
Emerald Cities Collaborative
Boston, MA, United States
15 days ago
ECONOMIC INCLUSION PROGRAM MANAGER -NORTHEAST REGION
EMERALD CITIES COLLABORATIVE BACKGROUND
Emerald Cities Collaborative (ECC) is a non-profit collaborative of community organizations, government, business, and labor working together to advance a sustainable environment and creating greater economic opportunities traditionally underserved communities. Based in Washington, D.C, ECC works on a national level as well as in 5 regional markets. ECC partners are united around the goal of rapidly greening our nation’s metropolitan regions to advance triple bottom line outcomes: equity, environment, and economy. ECC actively advances Economic inclusion, the creation of economic opportunities for under-served BIPOC communities that is integral to achieving a transition towards sustainable economies.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Economic Inclusion Program Manager - Northeast Region will implement policies, models and programs that advance Emerald Cities Collaborative’s mission with a focus on workforce development and creating business opportunities and community wealth for black and brown communities by leveraging investments in clean energy, affordable housing, and other infrastructure projects. Specifically, this position will focus on providing access for and supporting the development and growth of BIPOC business enterprises.
Location: Boston, MA (Hybrid)
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: $70,000 to $85,000
- Program and administrative management, and further development of ECC’s Contractor Development Services in the Northeast.
- Manage the High Road Accelerated Minority Business Incubator (HRAMBI) and included E-Contractor Academy, aligning mentoring and support efforts to provide contractor education, training, and business opportunities for minority owned businesses in clean energy, housing and general construction positioning them for growth and wealth-building in their communities.
- Work with large general contractors to promote best practices, services, and commitments to expand contracting opportunities for women and minority contractors.
- Explore the development of new programs that support the ECC’s goal of developing comprehensive opportunities for BIPOC communities in clean energy and other construction. These may include clean-energy fellowship, weatherization contractor and business start-up programs for BIPOC communities.
- Work with Emerald Cities staff nationally to coordinate program resources, share best practices and innovate new programs with the potential for replication and scaling. Participate in national efforts to expand economic inclusion in the clean energy economy.
- Support diverse procurement and contracting programs in the region, especially those that align with clean energy policy development.
- Develop revenue-generating opportunities through grants and contracts to provide economic inclusion services to public, non-profit and private sector organizations.
- Support the development of ECC NE’s network of allies and institutional relationships.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in either business/economic development, and/or community economic development working with disadvantaged communities.
- Bachelor of Arts or equivalent life experience.
- Strong commitment to advancing racial, gender and social equity.
Desired Experience and Attributes:
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies and policies.
- Familiarity or working knowledge of economic and workforce development organizations in the Northeast region is a plus.
- Strong leadership aptitude.
- Program design/development.
- Communications/marketing to diverse communities and partners.
- Strategic and task oriented.
- History of working with and relationships with BIPOC community-based organizations, businesses, and leaders.
- Success in working with multiple constituencies – labor, community, industry, and government.
- Strong writing, verbal communication, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work as a self-starting member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task - organized and flexible.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the Indeed application, then send a resume and cover letter to Alexis Washburn at awashburn at emeraldcities.org. Subject line should read “ECONOMIC INCLUSION PROGRAM MANAGER-NORTHEAST REGION" – [Your Name].
Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and other people from communities traditionally underrepresented in the environmental and energy efficiency sectors, are encouraged to apply.
Emerald Cities Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical handicap, or political affiliation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote