ECONOMIC INCLUSION INTERN
EMERALD CITIES COLLABORATIVE BACKGROUND
The Emerald Cities Collaborative (ECC) is a national non-profit organization that partners with labor unions, community organizations, social justice advocates, development intermediaries, research and technical assistance providers, and socially responsible businesses dedicated to building high road – sustainable, just and inclusive – regional economies. The Collaborative envisions a future in which American cities are the greenest and most equitable in the world, leading the way to head off global climate change while creating a vital new economic sector with low-income and communities of color as central actors and beneficiaries in this new economy. Visit our website for more information: http://www.emeraldcities.org/
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Economic Inclusion Intern (Intern) is a spring internship position based in Massachusetts. In this role, you would be part of a diverse program implementation team. You will report to an Economic Inclusion Manager and collaborate closely with other program managers at ECC. The role will be responsible for providing critical programmatic support, engaging in partnership development, and performing relevant research for ECC’s E-Contractor Academy (ECA). ECA is a contractor accelerator program for minority- and women-owned construction businesses. The Intern will also provide strategic support, as needed, for existing projects focused on prioritizing low-income and BIPOC communities in the transition to a clean energy economy.
Location: Greater Boston, MA (Telework)
Job Type: Internship, seasonal
Hourly Wage: $18-24 depending on experience
Commitment: Up to 20 hours per week
● Support the Economic Inclusion Manager in the logistical planning and implementing ECA, focused on the Merrimack Valley communities of Massachusetts, which may include, but not restricted to, participant outreach and recruitment, logistical support in meetings with stakeholders and partners, and training evaluation
● Perform needs assessment of MWBE (minority-, women-owned business enterprises) in the Merrimack Valley
● Research small business accelerator programs in Massachusetts and create a matrix that outlines key aspects of the various programs
● Support the economic inclusion team on researching and collecting information on potential employer relationships in the clean energy industry
● Collect testimonials and program feedback from past E-Contractor Academy program participants
● Create branded program recruitment materials (e.g., email recruiting templates, recruitment video, etc.) for use in upcoming contractor accelerator programming
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
● Undergraduate or graduate student studying policy, sustainability, community development, communications, business, or related field.
● Communications/marketing to diverse communities and stakeholders.
● Experience using Google and/or Microsoft Suite applications.
● Proficiency at or desire to learn Salesforce CRM.
● Strategic and task oriented.
● Strong writing, verbal communication, and analytical skills.
● Ability to multitask, be organized, and flexible.
● Strong commitment to advancing racial, gender and social equity.
● Access to reliable internet.
● Able to occasionally travel into Boston.
Candidates must complete the Indeed application, then send a resume, brief statement or cover letter detailing their interest in the position, interest in climate policy, civic engagement, economic development, clean energy, and/or sustainability work, and any relevant skills or experience to Sandra Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read “Economic Inclusion Intern” – [Your Name].
We are seeking candidates through the MassCEC Clean Energy Internship program. Please check eligibility to participate in the program here: https://www.masscec.com/clean-energy-internships-students.
Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and other people from communities traditionally underrepresented in the environmental and energy efficiency sectors, are encouraged to apply.
Emerald Cities Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical handicap, or political affiliation.
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour
Expected hours: No more than 20 per week
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Boston, MA 02108