M anager NbS (Community) - Amrut Nature Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
About Amrut -
Amrut Nature Solutions Private Limited is Joint Venture between EKI Energy Services Ltd and Shell Overseas Investments B.V. for carrying on business of reduction of the impact of greenhouse gasses and providing offsets to emissions through Nature Based Solutions (NbS). NbS are expected to play material role in the fight against climate change hence Amrut was founded to address climate change challenges by developing nature-based solutions such as afforestation, reforestation, sustainable agriculture land management, and ecosystem conservation. Amrut's goal is to positively impact the environment while also supporting local communities' livelihoods and biodiversity conservation.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a talented team / individuals from various specialized work streams such as Carbon, Climate, Community, Biodiversity, Remote sensing & Business Development etc and further develop NbS business at the shaping stage not just for Amrut but also in the broader societal and corporate space.
Work Location – Indore (Madhya Pradesh) / Bengaluru
As a Community Professional, your role is crucial in overseeing and assisting the client in community mobilization, following recommended standards, with special emphasis on Free, Prior, and Informed Consent (FPIC). You will also play a pivotal role in developing baseline surveys to aid in impact monitoring and ensure that project objectives are achieved while maintaining regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Community Mobilization :
· Oversee and actively assist the client in community mobilization efforts, adhering to recommended standards and guidelines.
· Develop and implement strategies to engage local communities, including farmers and vulnerable groups, to foster active participation and collaboration in carbon, community and biodiversity (CCB) projects.
Free, Prior, and Informed Consent (FPIC) :
· Prioritize the FPIC process to ensure that community members are fully informed and have given their free and informed consent for project activities.
· Facilitate in efficient documenting FPIC meetings and discussions, providing information, addressing questions, and documenting consent in compliance with best practices and standard’s requirements.
Baseline Survey Development :
· Play a key role in developing comprehensive baseline surveys, which serve as essential tools for impact monitoring and assessment.
· Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to gather data and information needed for establishing project benchmarks.
Marginalized and Vulnerable Community Empowerment :
· Work closely with the implementation agency to organize and facilitate community meetings, workshops, and training sessions that empower community members with knowledge and skills related to project objectives that empowers marginalized and vulnerable community
Livelihood Enhancement :
· Identify opportunities for enhancing livelihoods within the community, aligning with project goals and support the implementation of income-generating activities that benefit community members and contribute to economic well-being.
Communication and Reporting :
· Maintain transparent and open communication channels with community members, project partners, and relevant stakeholders.
· Prepare regular reports documenting community engagement, project progress, and outcomes achieved.
Stakeholder Collaboration :
· Collaborate closely with the wider project team, including Carbon Professionals, to ensure that community needs and concerns are addressed.
· Establish connections with governmental and non-governmental organizations to maximize community benefits and external support.
- University Degree, preferably in a relevant field such as Social Sciences, Community Development, or Environmental Studies.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with farmers and vulnerable groups, particularly tribal communities, on carbon or livelihood or biodiversity conservation projects.
- Strong understanding of community engagement and social development principles, with a focus on FPIC and other social performance benchmarks.
- Adaptability and sensitivity to local cultural norms and customs.
- Proficiency in documentation management to maintain accurate and organized records of community interactions, project progress, and outcomes.
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to create accurate and comprehensive reports related to projects.
- Exceptional communication skills for productive engagement with stakeholders, partners, and team members, facilitating collaboration and mutual understanding.