Tech Project Manager
3 days ago
Job Title: Tech Project Manager
Team: Digital, Data & Tech team
Reports to: Digital Transformation Orchestrator
Contract: fixed term
Level: Advanced or Intermediate
Please refer to our Capability Framework
Salary: Competitive for Not-for-Profit Organisation
Location: Germany, Netherlands, Spain, UK, Italy, Poland
Start Date: January 2023
Apply By: November 18, 2022
EIT Climate-KIC (Knowledge and Innovation Community) is Europe’s foremost climate innovation initiative. We understand that keeping global temperature rise below 1.5˚C demands unprecedented change. It requires new social dynamics, ways of doing business, capital flows, policymaking, economic models, and new ways of living. That is why our mission is to leverage the power of systems innovation to transform whole places, industries and value chains by 2030, working across sectors to develop and scale ambitious, mission-led programmes.
Established in 2010 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we orchestrate a community of more than 400 organisations including large corporations and SMEs, municipal and regional governments, universities and research institutes, as well as non-governmental organisations and uncommon actors. Historically, we have been funded by our founder and core funder, the European Institute for Innovation and Technology (EIT), but we are currently transitioning to a multi-funder model.
Climate-KIC colleagues are based in one of our local offices across Europe, or work remotely from home based in one of the countries we have a branch in. We meet at our local offices to exchange and connect, and use online collaboration tools work with each other and with our Community. On occasion, we meet in-person as teams, and once per year as an organisation.
As a mission-driven organisation dedicated to climate transformation, we consider the climate impact of our own actions, for example travel, catering or IT equipment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of the Tech Project Manager is to manage information technology projects at Climate-KIC, from project initiation to successful delivery. The projects that are currently in the pipeline are related to implementing new technology (e.g. grant management system), decommissioning tools (including data migration), improving configuration and user adoption of current systems, implementing additional modules of existing systems (e.g. ERP).
Climate-KIC has a broad cloud-based technology stack which is continuously evolving to better serve the business needs. The Tech Project Manager will play a key role in realising this evolution, in collaboration with the Digital, Data and Tech team, under the guidance of the Digital Transformation Orchestrator.
As Project Manager for technology implementation you will be responsible for supporting the implementation of project management best practice (including methods, processes, reporting and controls) and for:
- Delivering the projects with quality, on time, on budget and within scope
- Supporting the internal Climate-KIC team
- Managing external suppliers (of consulting services and/or software)
- Creating a project plan, a resource plan and manage project financials
- Managing risks & issues, by reaching out for support where needed
- Update Steering Committee on project status, escalate risks & issues, where applicable
- Ensuring stage gates are signed off by relevant stakeholders (e.g. User Acceptance Test, operational readiness for release into production-Go Live etc.)
Key Working Relationships
- Digital Transformation Orchestrator
- Core Programme Orchestrator
- Digital, Data & Technology team members
- Business teams in the functional areas served by the technology that is being implemented (e.g. Finance team, Business Desk, MEL etc.)
- External suppliers (of consulting services and/or software)
- Cross-KIC partners
You are passionate about making a critical contribution with your skills to EIT Climate-KIC’s mission of making a positive impact on climate change through systemic innovation. You are able and willing to thrive in a start-up-like environment. As a Tech Project Manager you are part of a lean data team with real responsibilities and autonomy for everyone.
- Relevant academic degree
- Project Management qualifications
- Certification in Agile methodology is a plus
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in Project Management of Information Technology implementations
- 3+ years of experience working with Agile methodology
- Team management
- Stakeholder management
- Organisational change management
- Management of change requests
- Coordination of (or participation in) User Acceptance Test
- Release management
- Fluent in English
- Experience and willingness to work with collaborative IT applications (we use Office365 and Microsoft Teams, as well as Miro, Zoom, etc.)
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts
Qualities, Personal Style, and Approach
- Collaborative and curious with a learning mindset
- Pro-active and adaptable
- Resilitent to uncertainty in an evolving internal and external landscape
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Able to tolerate stress
- Driven, reliable and connected
- Dedicated, committed and passionate
Candidates must have the right to work in the EU (or the UK) prior to applying for the position. Ideally, the successful candidate will be based close to a EIT Climate-KIC office but we support full remote or hybrid forms of working and offer a high degree of flexibility.
Our presence includes: Netherlands (Amsterdam), Belgium (Brussels), France (Paris), United Kingdom (London), Germany (Berlin), Denmark (Copenhagen), Poland (Warsaw), Hungary (Budapest), Italy (Bologna), Spain (Valencia), Slovenia (Lubjiliana), Republic of Ireland (Dublin).
At EIT Climate-KIC we are wholeheartedly committed to building a diverse and representative team and an inclusive workplace that values different life experiences and perspectives, and encourages personal development, learning and growth.
When recruiting we look to achieve diversity in the candidate pool. We actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are happy to consider reasonable adjustments to that will foster success in potential employees from diverse backgrounds and life situtations. And because our team has differing needs and personal circumstances, we offer a high degree of flexibility to accommodate all working patterns.