Programme and Change Lead
10 days ago
Job Title: Programme and Change Lead
Team: Programme Management Office (PMO)
Please refer to our Capability Framework
Salary: Competitive for Not-for-profit organisation
Location: Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, United Kingdom
Start Date: As soon as possible
EIT Climate-KIC (Knowledge and Innovation Community) is Europe’s foremost climate innovation initiative, entrusted by the European Commission to catalyse transformation through innovation. Headquartered in Amsterdam, with circa 160 people distributed all over the EU, EIT Climate-KIC leads and orchestrates innovation with a community of more than 400. Together we conduct activities in 39 countries. We partner with cities, regions, governments and communities with the highest climate action ambition; providing the framework and expert support to holistically manage the complexity of climate change and deliver accelerated climate action.
EIT Climate-KIC operates as a not-for-profit platform working through public-private partnership, wielding both public and private funding. We consist of 3 Legal entities: a Dutch BV Holding company (for profit) with 14 branches in European jurisdictions, providing grant management, innovation orchestration services, and impact investment advisory owned by a Dutch-based foundation with charity status – Climate-KIC International Foundation – with subsidiaries in the UK.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The PMO Programme and Change Lead will use a combination of project management, stakeholder management, and process improvement skills to lead, manage, oversee and support the implementation of a PMO office and required improvement projects and initiatives, working closely with other key resources and subject matter experts in both the PMO and wider business.
The position has no direct management responsibilities but will be required to provide leadership and be responsible for developing project management methodologies, tools, standards and connected training materials, capability building and advising others on methodology, execution, best practices and continuous improvement.
- Champion the defining and documenting of PMO policies, processes, tools, standards and ways of working and build/enhancing capability in our people, through role modelling, training and coaching.
- Drive continuous improvement in project delivery, governance and planning.
- Set and embed process standards across all aspects of our programme and project lifecycle, including measure, review, and improving our standards to ensure fit for purpose.
- Lead the implementation of required project methodology alignment and process improvement, leading and steering team and project meetings, building and maintaining effective team relationships, monitoring progress and resolving barriers to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Foster a collaborative working environment with functional areas and share best practices across the organisation.
Key Working Relationships
- PMO Orchestrator and PMO team
- Climate-KIC Teams, in particular: Acquisition, Programme Solutions & Ventures, MEL and Learning, Enabling Services, Communication and Licence to Operate teams.
- Climate-KIC Management Team
- CEO, CSO, COO, CFO
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Project Management.
- Change management experience is desirable.
- Experience in leading and implementing initiatives related to business process improvement.
- Develop project strategies and plans, including stakeholder assessment, communications, leadership alignment, organisation transition, change readiness, capability transfer, and end-user training.
- Oversee execution in accordance with project plans, tools, and methods, and support resource planning and acquisition.
- Lead/facilitate meetings with stakeholders to ensure an understanding of the strategies, and jointly develop a change adoption plan.
- Provide direct support and coaching and facilitate change management activities with cross-functional team members and stakeholders.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience or willingness to work with collaborative IT applications (we use Office365 and Microsoft Teams, as well as Miro, SharePoint, Zoom, Mentimeter etc.).
- Strong understanding of project planning and management methodologies.
- Process design, associated tool development and training.
- Active tracking & advice on the operational aspect of strategy including reporting, finance/budget, pipeline, timeline, risks and overall coherence.
- Stakeholder/team curation and operational relevant data gathering and synthesis.
Qualities, Personal Style, and Approach
- Curious with a learning mindset.
- Pro-active with a drive for problem-solving.
- Highly adaptable, flexible, resilient and able to work effectively in ambiguity and complexity and to respond dynamically to change.
- Accountability and a completer/finisher.
- Bring gravitas that helps build trust.
- Team of teams approach.
Candidates must have the right to work in the countries mentioned prior to applying for the position. Ideally, the successful candidate will be based close to a EIT Climate-KIC office, but we support full remote or hybrid forms of working and offer a high degree of flexibility.
At EIT Climate-KIC we are wholeheartedly committed to building a diverse and representative team and an inclusive workplace that values different life experiences and perspectives, and encourages personal development, learning and growth.
When recruiting we look to achieve diversity in the candidate pool. We actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are happy to consider reasonable adjustments to that will foster success in potential employees from diverse backgrounds and life situations. And because our team has differing needs and personal circumstances, we offer a high degree of flexibility to accommodate all working patterns.