HR Operations Officer (Short-term cover)
13 days ago
Job Title: HR Operations Officer (Short-term cover)
Team: People Team (HR)
Contract: 6 months fixed-term
Please refer to our Capability Framework
Salary: Competitive for Not-for-Profit Organisation
Location: Belgium, Netherlands, Hungary, Poland, UK
Start Date: asap.
Apply By: November 25th, 2022
EIT Climate-KIC (Knowledge and Innovation Community) is Europe’s foremost climate innovation initiative. We understand that keeping global temperature rise below 1.5˚C demands unprecedented change. It requires new social dynamics, ways of doing business, capital flows, policymaking, economic models, and new ways of living. That is why our mission is to leverage the power of systems innovation to transform whole places, industries and value chains by 2030, working across sectors to develop and scale ambitious, mission-led programmes.
Established in 2010 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we orchestrate a community of more than 400 organisations including large corporations and SMEs, municipal and regional governments, universities and research institutes, as well as non-governmental organisations and uncommon actors. Historically, we have been funded by our founder and core funder, the European Institute for Innovation and Technology (EIT), but we are currently transitioning to a multi-funder model.
EIT Climate-KIC colleagues are based in one of our local offices across Europe, or work remotely from home based in one of the countries where we have a branch. We meet at our local offices to exchange and connect, and use online collaboration tools work with each other and with our Community. On occasion, we meet in-person as teams, and once per year as an organization.
As a mission-driven organization dedicated to climate transformation, we consider the climate impact of our own actions, for example, travel, catering or IT equipment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The HR Operations Officer will provide administrative support to the People Team, by ensuring any people data is up-to-date and accurate. The incumbent will prepare reports and deal with employee and contractor contracts, delivering compliant, precise, and timely documentation to the different stakeholders, using our internal system, Cezanne.
- Maintain and manage up-to-date, accurate and accessible employee records on HR system, trackers, and e-files, ensuring that all data is secure and compliant with relevant legislation.
- Managing the HR on-boarding, starters and leavers process, liaising with the relevant teams.
- Coordinating with Finance to get timesheets filled by employees on regular basis and amend in system when required
- HR operations – Preparation of offer, change and reference letters and managing the employee contract and consultants’ files.
- Working closely with the payroll activity for all jurisdictions including data input.
- Managing the PO process, raising, approving and reviewing
- Preparing regular reports required for decision making (overtime, headcount and various analysis based on these reports)
Key Working Relationships
People team and Payroll, Finance, Legal and Procurement
To be successful in this role you will be diligent, precise, and hard-working team player who is not afraid of rolling up the sleeves. You know how to deal with multiple tasks at a time, including setting priorities and following them through to proper closure. You are not afraid of asking questions and bring your expertise to the table.
- Degree in business administration, Human Resources and other relevant field
- IT literate and open to learn new systems and tool
- Minimum three years of relevant experience within HR and 2-3 countries minimum experiance which we are located in.
- Fluent in English and ideally in at least one other European language
- Experience or willingness to work with collaborative IT applications (we use Office365 and Microsoft Teams, as well as Miro, Zoom, Mentimeter etc.)
- Administration – with a strong attention to details and data accuracy
- Handling internal customer requests in a sympathetic and helpful way
- Analytical skills – dealing with the number of data, extracting the right data
- Following through on tasks - Drafting contracts, processing invoices, liaising with Legal and Procurement on procurement issues
Qualities, Personal Style, and Approach
- Finds opportunities to improve the work and offer solution ideas
- Attends to context, culture, and checks for understanding
- Contributes to team trust and well-being
- Fulfils commitments to people and process
- Takes on challenge, learn from experience
- Seeks and uses the counsel of others, especially when stuck