Summer Marketing & Communications Intern - Location Flexible
Conservation Law Foundation
Boston, MA, United States
24 days ago
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) is seeking a Multimedia Marketing and Communications Intern to help produce content for CLF programs. The Intern will produce Instagram reels, blogs, and other types of content to further engage and expand CLF’s audience and increase CLF’s online impact and effectiveness. This position will report to the Climate Communications Strategist and Chief Content Officer.
The Internship requires a minimum commitment of 10 to 15 hours per week and includes a stipend. The stipend for an intern is $2,240 - $3,358 for 10 weeks of part-time (10-15 hours per week) interning; the specific amount will be based on an agreed upon part-time schedule. The position will remain open until it is filled. The internship will begin the week of May 22.
Over the course of this summer internship, the Multimedia Marketing and Communications Intern will have an opportunity to gain professional experience and be an integral part of CLF’s Marketing and Communications Department. This person will help develop content, create digital marketing materials, and work with external partners to amplify community voices within our work. This position can be fully remote or work a hybrid schedule, using one of CLF’s offices in:
- Portland, Maine
- Montpelier, Vermont
- Concord, New Hampshire
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Providence, Rhode Island
Experience You’ll Gain
- Using technical, legal, and scientific information to create compelling and persuasive narratives
- Pinpointing values that elicit emotion and connection from audiences towards difficult-to-understand subjects
- Understanding the fundamentals of strategic advocacy communications
- Identifying keywords for search engine optimization to drive traffic to CLF’s website
- Updating webpages and evergreen content based on SEO findings
- Identifying content opportunities and developing content ideas
- Producing optimized, multimedia content, including at least one blog and one Instagram reel
- Effectively operating in a team-oriented, interactive environment
Our highest priority is finding the best candidate for the job. Research has shown that people of color and women are less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t believe they meet every one of the qualifications described in a job description. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our described qualifications or have a less traditional background. We are looking for applicants with the following qualifications:
- Major, minor, or interest in a career in communications, marketing, or journalism
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience in writing and editing multimedia content
- Experience with videography and photography
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Instagram, Twitter, and Wordpress
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A nonprofit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science, and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems, from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders – in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings – to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color and communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation.
CLF considers the health and safety of its staff members and their families, our guests, our visitors, and the community at large to be a top priority. All offers to work, intern, or volunteer with CLF are conditioned on the candidate complying with CLF’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.