Senior Vice President of People, Equity & Culture
Conservation Law Foundation
Boston, MA, United States
30+ days ago
About the Organization:
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science, and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems, from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in state houses, court houses, board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and those that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation.
About the Role:
As part of CLF’s commitment to building an anti-racist environmental organization, CLF created a new executive leadership position, the Senior Vice President of People, Equity & Culture, which reports to the President. This senior executive will set the vision for and operationalize CLF’s diversity, equity, and inclusivity (DEI) plan. The SVP will lead the transformational culture work to ensure that CLF is an inclusive and equitable place to work where all team members can bring their full and authentic selves to the workplace. The SVP will also build out CLF’s recruitment, onboarding, retention, management training, and leadership development programs and processes, ensuring the organization is equitable and diverse.
Areas of Leadership:
- Lead, further articulate, and operationalize CLF’s DEI plan through management of the DEI committee and in partnership with the senior leadership
- Ensure the organization and senior leadership are held accountable for implementing DEI priorities.
- Ensure the DEI plan is integrated with the strategic plan and embeds equity into our external partnerships and
- Develop the people policies and practices that support team members and ensure a healthy and inclusive
- Lead the development of management training, leadership development, and career pathway programs, ensuring team members have growth opportunities and managers are accountable for equitable and inclusive management
- Build best practice recruiting, onboarding, and retention processes that build new networks, increase diversity in hiring, and increase the representation of BIPOC team members being developed into senior leadership
- Understand CLF’s context, barriers, and strengths as it relates to executing DEI and anti-racist practices.
- Assist the development and program teams in building philanthropic support for DEI
- Executive or leadership experience overseeing an organization’s people, culture, and/ or DEI functions
- Demonstrated ability to set the vision, strategy for, and implementation of DEI and anti-racist initiatives
- Track record of working on and with executive leadership teams, and holding them accountable for setting and executing DEI strategic plans
- Experience leading, building, and/or improving the recruitment, onboarding, retention, and professional development functions of an organization
- Experience in change management and deep culture change work
- A track record as an empathetic manager who can build capacity and develop individuals and teams
- Sincere interest in mission driven, social impact, or social justice work
CLF embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We’d love to start learning about who you are, why you’re interested in our mission, and how your experiences connect to the role in a letter of interest. Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to: https://axistalentpartners.applytojob.com/apply.