Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) seeks a part-time (3 days/24 hours per week) Director of Total Rewards & HRIS to join our team. This is an exciting new opportunity to direct CLF’s benefits, well-being, and compensation programs as well as oversee maintenance and advancement of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS). This position will play an important leadership role on the Human Resources (HR) team and help to advance HR as a service-oriented department. CLF is committed to being one of the best places to work in New England and to the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. The Director will play a key role in ensuring that these values are demonstrated in all of HR’s work, especially in the area of total rewards.
This position can be based in any one of CLF’s regional offices (Boston, MA; Montpelier, VT; Concord, NH; Portland, ME; Providence, RI; or New Haven, CT), with the opportunity to work remotely within New England. The position will report to the Vice President of Human Resources.
What you’ll do
With a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at the forefront, the Director of Total Rewards & HRIS will provide thoughtful leadership in the following areas:
Benefits & Compensation
- Partner with leadership to develop, communicate, and execute a competitive total rewards strategy that includes compensation, employee benefit programs, well-being benefits, retirement benefits, paid time off programs, and other reward and recognition programs, that is cost effective and aligned with trends in the market and organizational objectives;
- Conduct regular reviews of benefit offerings to ensure they include industry best practices and allow CLF to recruit and retain a diverse and talented team;
- Work with benefits broker to review and refine group life, medical, dental, disability, accident, family/medical leave and other ancillary benefit;
- Oversee the annual benefit plan renewal process in collaboration with benefits broker;
- Oversee the annual open enrollment process, including staff communications and learning opportunities about CLF’s benefit plans;
- In collaboration with leadership and outside vendors, support the administration of medical and family leaves including PFML and LTD as well as CLF’s retirement plans;
- Lead CLF’s compensation program, ensuring that CLF’s compensation philosophy, guidelines, and structures are adhered to fairly and equitably;
- Lead periodic compensation studies and reviews as well as equity analyses in collaboration with compensation consultants;
- Support Recruitment & HR Manager with determining appropriate and competitive salary offers; Ensure equity and inclusion practices are woven into all benefits and compensation processes.
- Act as lead administrator of CLF’s HRIS, UKG Ready ensuring data and records are accurate;
- Oversee major HR initiatives in UKG Ready, including onboarding, performance reviews, open enrollment, and learning management;
- Support staff in their use of UKG Ready and continue to stay on top of and roll out new features and self-service options;
- Ensure integrations between UKG Ready and external vendors are operating smoothly and accurately;
- Recommend and implement changes and upgrades in the system; Undertake and oversee special projects in the system, including producing special reports.
HR Leadership & Other
- Supervise and mentor the HR Coordinator and work closely together to administer total rewards and HRIS;
- Act as a senior member of the HR team; be a resource to all staff on a range of HR topics;
- Work collaboratively with other HR, Payroll, and Administration team members;
- Assist in reviewing, updating, and communicating HR policies and procedures;
- Present on HR projects, policies, and initiatives to staff and others as needed; Assist the VP of Human Resources with day-to-day operations and leadership of the HR Department and other tasks, as assigned.
What you’ll need
Strong candidates will demonstrate many, though perhaps not all, of the following experiences, skills and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- At least 8 years of progressive HR experience, especially in the areas of benefits, compensation, and HRIS administration
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Expert knowledge of HRIS systems; prior experience with UKG Ready is a plus
- Demonstrated success in implementing inclusive and equitable total rewards strategies
- Expert use of Microsoft Office products and comfort with using and learning new technologies
- Ability to be proactive and manage a variety of activities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive demeanor
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface and build relationships with staff at all levels
- Ability to be an effective problem solver, exhibiting creativity and flexibility
- Familiarity with federal, state, and local employment and labor laws and regulations Enthusiasm for CLF’s mission, environmental issues and advocacy, and social justice
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and those that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation.
CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards, and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open, inclusive, and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected. The starting salary range for the part-time (3 days/24 hours per week) position is $66,000-$80,000 if based in Boston and $59,000-$72,000 if based in a CLF office outside of MA; actual salary will reflect experience, qualifications, and where the selected candidate is based.
We recognize the value of work-life balance and also strive to create opportunities for growth for all employees through professional development.
CLF considers the health and safety of its staff members and their families, our guests, our visitors, and the community at large to be a top priority. All offers to work, intern, or volunteer with CLF are conditioned on the candidate complying with CLF’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.