Youth and Community Manager
30+ days ago
Roles & Responsibilities
Position Summary:We're looking for a superstar manger to develop and lead Conservation International Singapore’s youth and community engagement. Conservation International Singapore wishes to inspire and engage youth about the vital role that nature plays in tackling the climate crisis using the latest in conservation and climate science. The Youth and Community Manager for Conservation International Singapore reports to the Development and Marketing Director and focusses on building connections and engagement with Singapore youth and community groups, through effective campaigns, content, and social media. They will also support the Communications and Environmental Education Teams at Conservation International Singapore to continually raise CI’s profile and the important role of nature in Singapore.
1. Develop the strategy for CI Singapore’s Youth and Community Engagement platform
2. Develop materials and initiatives to use CI’s science to engage, educate, and empower Singapore youth in nature conservation and climate change issues.
3. Create and support the design of youth and community campaigns, communications plans, and educational content.
4. Support youth and community events in Singapore in relation to conservation and climate change.
5. Manage, copywrite, and create content for Singapore’s social media channels and websites.
6. Design and lay out effective written reports, fact sheets, and data representations for a range of audiences including youth, community leaders, and local community members.
7. Design effective infographics, graphics, and collaterals for internal and external communications, programs, and events.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, experience, skills and abilities:
- At least 5 year of professional experience in public relations, media, journalism, marketing and branding, or online communications.
- Excellent English-language writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of social media and digital marketing.
- Experience in community engagement and organization.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate complex information and science.
- Strong organization, project management, and prioritization skills.
- Good graphic design and layout skills to suit different genres (i.e. formal reports, social media, training manuals, newsletters) and different audiences.
- Good working skills in photo-editing and video-editing software i.e. Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, OBS Studio.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications or marketing
- An interest in sustainability, biodiversity and conservation.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with peers and staff from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Based in Singapore
- Working remotely and from home.
- Small but welcoming office environment. May need to work extended hours as needed.
- No work sponsorship available for this role.