Program Coordinator, Environmental Education
30+ days ago
Program Coordinator, Environmental Education
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to be a global challenge. Due to the fluidity of the situation, we periodically reassess our plans to reopen our offices. For the safety of our employees, our approach is tailored to the situation in each of the 30 countries we operate in. Travel is only conducted when absolutely necessary and safe to do so. Hiring managers will provide guidance on remote, hybrid, or on-site work arrangements in accordance with country-specific safety policies.
Conservation International Singapore is delivered by the Conservation International Singapore Conservation Trust (CSCT), a trust with Institution of Public Character (IPC) status established by CI Asia-Pacific. CI Asia-Pacific is a regional headquarters based in Singapore. Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous, and more productive planet.
The Program Coordinator will be part of a team responsible for the design, development, and implementation of a suite of activities as part of the School Program—targeted at students at the primary to secondary school levels (ages 6-16)—and foster a community of learning around environmental issues and empowerment.
They will have the opportunity to leverage on Conservation International’s strong foundation in field science and research as well as school network to develop virtual, outdoor, and indoor education programs targeted at youth. They can also expect to gain practical experience in cultivating professional relationships with teachers and community groups while conducting activities for a range of audiences in schools, corporations, and the public.
Given the changing landscape and medium of education and school curricula (accelerated by the Covid-19 pandemic), there is a need to adapt to the changing needs of conservation education for schools. In this role, the Program Coordinator will have the opportunity to be part of the planning and development of virtual learning resources, impact-driven programs, and content that will complement school curricula; build an ecosystem of support for environmental educators; and reach out to a larger audience.
Built on the belief that people need nature to thrive, Conservation International Singapore’s education and outreach programs aim to engender an understanding and appreciation of environmental conservation issues through a global-to-local perspective and experiential learning. Since 2017, the School Program has engaged with more than 55,000 students across 69 local and international schools in Singapore.
- Implement, design, and develop educational programs and resources (virtual, outdoor, indoor) for the School Program targeted at students at the primary to secondary school level.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. school teachers, partners, and community groups) to understand the needs and opportunities for environmental education in school curricula.
- Conduct and provide support for education and outreach activities targeting audiences across settings and age groups.
- Develop program communications and work with internal communications resources to produce materials in support of objectives including presentations, videos, collaterals, maintaining relevant websites, and other related communications efforts.
- Maintain records for project documentation and donor reporting.
- Other duties: Act as liaison with staff and partners. Support program learning events including managing communications, venue oversight, and related event expenses.
- This position is based in Singapore.
- Normal office environment. May need to work extended hours as needed.
- Off-site at schools and public events.
- Outdoors in nature i.e. reserves, parks.
- Working remotely and from home.
- No work sponsorship is available for this role.
- High School or Secondary School education.
- 2-4 years of related work experience, preferably in the education, schools, and/or government arena.
- Experience teaching and/or designing programs for students aged 6 to 16.
- Ability to design effective resources for virtual and outdoor delivery (e.g. learning aids, presentations, materials, e-learning videos, interactive activities).
- Keen interest and passion for experiential learning, outdoor experiences, and nature conservation.
- Strong public speaking and presentations skills (especially to young audiences).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with solid attention to detail, and strong research and proofreading skills.
- Comfortable managing multiple duties and adapting to changing priorities.
- Ability to function well in a multicultural, diverse, and fast-paced team environment.
- Service focused. Courteous, tactful, and proven ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work under general supervision and take initiative to solve problems under supervisor direction.
- Familiar and comfortable with Microsoft Office and Adobe software.
- Familiarity with youth empowerment program design and implementation is advantageous.
- Bachelor’s degree or up to 4 years of college-level work in education, humanities, environmental studies, or related fields.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time