The IT Manager is responsible for the IT system and infrastructure in the CI Singapore office, working in collaboration with regional and global IT colleagues to maintain all IT programs, software and hardware needed for good connectivity and effective communication. The position-holder provides analysis and recommendations related to cybersecurity risks, IT infrastructure, maintenance and enhancements of our IT systems to support Conservation International’s goals and objectives.
The position-holder provides both first and second-tier technical support to system end-users. Handle routine technical support issues in the areas of PC support including configuring new and existing PCs, MACs, and peripherals and performing basic hardware and software installations. Provide regular assessment and stock-take of IT hardware and software at the office. Review, troubleshoot, and resolve issues reported by users and work with other members of the technical support team to resolve more complex issues.
This individual will also assist management in reviewing technological trends, identify solutions, propose site-specific policies and escalate issues when necessary. Build end-user capacity and skills by providing tools, training, and other resources as appropriate. Support system upgrades and deployments to new and existing computers. Ensure compliance with overall CI Singapore standards and protocols, including requirements around data privacy and cyber security risk management.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive IT strategy to support business growth, ensure operational efficiency, manage data privacy and cybersecurity risks.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of IT infrastructure and plans in the CI Singapore office.
- Identify opportunities for the use of technology in cost-saving measures and to enhance collaborative work.
- Propose and implement internal policy on data privacy and cybersecurity risk mitigation and management.
- Work with Global IT team to ensure proper delivery of IT services and support in CI Singapore.
- Work with other Global IT on account management in terms of assigning permissions, password resets and also to ensure other resource access levels are functioning efficiently and continuously from on-boarding through to account terminations.
- In coordination with Global IT, develop IT manuals, policies and standards for the CI Singapore office where necessary.
- Develop a support process to address IT needs of users and develop workflow to ensure that user requests are resolved in a timely manner.
- Set up and maintain IT infrastructure, identifying external service providers where needed. Review vendor performance regularly and make recommendations to ensure cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Upon request, support the work of GIS and remote sensing to place essential materials, e.g. spatial maps, on digital/shared platforms.
- Provide recommendations and implement upgrades on network systems as needed.
- Manage system changes with the appropriate support staff, through briefings, training and follow-up technical support.
- Troubleshoot on matters related to IT systems, applications, digital platforms, network access, etc.
- Provide technical recommendations on the purchase of IT equipment, manage all IT assets in the CI Singapore office, conduct periodic inventory check according to CI policy and procedures, and manage any IT vendor relationship.
- Manage and control access to the server room and network equipment in the Singapore office and make recommendations where necessary Work with the Global IT team on any IT security-related activities and coordinate processes and procedures to mitigate the impact on business operations. Other duties as assigned.
PEOPLE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Not responsible for managing staff but may direct the work of vendors or interns. Does not have authority to allocate resources or approve budget expenditures.
- A Bachelor’s level degree in Information Technology, or other relevant field. Additional certifications in Infrastructure design and support or similar field strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in the IT field; effective support of remote users; ability to define and implement changes in business processes; excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Windows networks and a strong fundamental understanding of network operations and Internet protocols and connectivity.
- Proficient in diagnosing, support, and resolution of desktop hardware, software, and operating systems issues.
- Strong knowledge of data protection and cybersecurity best practices.
- Excellent customer support skills.
- Strong technical skills, analytical thinking, and attention to detail.
- Proven team player. Courteous and friendly.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with peers and staff from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to remain focused and performs well in a fast-paced environment with changing and competing priorities.
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences. Strategic thinker with the ability to align technology solutions with business goals.
- Knowledge in the Cisco Networking technologies.
- Google Apps for Business management.
- VSAT systems
- This position is based in Singapore and will require a minimum of two days in the office per week to provide technical support.
- Typical office environment with flexibility to work from home.
- Ability to work beyond normal works hours as needed.