Grants and Contract Senior Coordinator
30+ days ago
Grants and Contract Senior Coordinator
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to be a global challenge. Due to the fluidity of the situation, we periodically reassess our plans to reopen our offices. For the safety of our employees, our approach is tailored to the situation in each of the 30 countries we operate in. Travel is only conducted when absolutely necessary and safe to do so. Hiring managers will provide guidance on remote, hybrid, or on-site work arrangements in accordance with country-specific safety policies.
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
The Grants and Contracts Sr. Coordinator is responsible for providing routine operational support for the administrative, financial, and/or human resources functions of a department/program. Duties include handling financial transactions, providing grants administration support, setting up/maintaining filing and reporting systems, generating reports and analysis, new employee onboarding, and providing general office support as directed. They also provide meeting/conference planning, time recording, travel, and IT liaison support as directed.
The Grants and Contracts Sr. Coordinator works with senior Operations and HQ staff to ensure compliance with CI’s policies, procedures, and donor and local reporting requirements. They respond to routine questions and refer more difficult requests and questions to their supervisor for resolution.
The Grants and Contracts Sr. Coordinator does not supervise staff. Duties are performed under general supervision.
- Ensure that all relevant information about donors & prospects within Account Leads portfolios is entered and updated in Raiser's Edge, and generate regular reports (e.g., mailing lists, regional and portfolio giving history).
- Regional point of contact for donor reporting lists in annual financial reports and summaries
- Review all revenue and solicitation reports to ensure that they accurately capture fundraising activities. Produce a consolidated financial report of cumulative funds raised and projects funded through the development and partnership activities of the Developed Markets Team (Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, and Australia).
- Put together the technical and budget proposals, complete and circulate PARS for approval
- Assist with the development and finalization of high-quality proposals and concept papers and reports.
- Provide additional support for large and small cultivation and stewardship events, such as Board meetings or donor functions(e.g., creating invitation lists, working with vendors, designing and producing invitations, managing and confirming responses, providing logistical support at the event, and executing post-event follow-up).
- Desk-based due diligence on potential corporate partner prospects, including but not necessarily limited to due diligence Research Forms and Approval Memos.
- Registration and renewal of charity portals, aggregators, and/or corporate intermediary platforms.
Incoming Grants & Contracts Management:
- Administer all contracts through the contract development and approval process through Business World
- Manage and monitor all grant agreements and contracts to ensure that contracts are valid, spending limits respected and required reports have been submitted and approved.
- Oversee incoming grant process including grant registrations for grants donations through the Singapore Office.
- Support accurate budget management and reporting frameworks on collaboration and grant agreements. Ensure program teams meet deadlines and submit proposals and reports on time. The interface between program recipients of funding and development resources.
External Sub-grants & Sub-Contracts Management:
- Compile and assist in reviewing documents related to the grant award process, including developing announcements of grant and subcontract opportunities
- Coordinate legal/HQ review of agreements and review that all necessary signatures are in place.
- Enter and maintain data and information into the grants system. Work with system administrators to resolve recording issues and recommend system improvements and efficiencies as needed
- Process routine financial transactions including sub-grants and sub-contract payments
- Monitor existing sub-grants and sub-contracts for compliance with grant/contract agreements and CI policies and procedures.
- Assist grantees/consultants with routine financial, compliance, and system reporting questions. Provide training and support as directed.
- Serve as primary contact and manage day-to-day interactions with grantees and program, field, and HQ colleagues.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic agreements and related files.
- Provide other administrative support as directed.
- Reviewing and preparing donor invoices, receipts, letters, budget proposals (PARS, IDC, etc), sub-grantee arrangements and payments, check requests, reimbursements, reclasses, and related transactions.
- Support grants administration including reviewing and verifying contract information, entering and maintaining contract information in CI’s grant management systems, and generating reports.
- Prepare expense reports. Make travel arrangements and handle travel expense reports.
- Review time reporting for proper coding and charging.
- Support the accurate and timely submission of all regulatory reporting requirements of Conservation International Singapore Conservation Trust and Conservation International Australia.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- This position is based in Singapore.
- Typical office environment.
- No travel is expected.
- High school or secondary education and graduation from university, college, or technical school studies.
- 2-4 years of related work experience.
- Experience with managing financial and grants transactions preferred.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven team player.
- Proficiency in project management, database operations, Microsoft Office applications, and basic computer operations.
- Financial, accounting, grants/contract, or related fields.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple processes at a given time.
- Must be organized with strong attention to detail, proofreading skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team framework.
- Ability to function well in a multicultural, diverse, and fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a geographically dispersed team and to communicate with staff at offsite locations. This includes comfort with communicating via phone, Skype or Google Hangout, etc.
- A demonstrated passion for and interest in conservation and human development issues.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled