Business Systems Support Analyst
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
Conservation International (CI) seeks a candidate for its IT and finance teams to support multiple key business systems within the IT and Finance departments, including CI’s primary finance system, Business World, the external grants management system, ConservationGrants, and travel and expense system, Concur. This position will serve as the primary point of contact for the global user community performing such duties as responding to service requests, troubleshooting issues, performing common system administration tasks, and ensuring data consistency. The candidate will also proactively identify common issues, develop training and communication strategies to improve user experience and performance, and contribute to product development by identifying areas of potential improvement. In addition, the analyst will participate as a member of the various product teams to assist in the development, testing, and rollout of new system features and upgrades.
Candidates should demonstrate strong analytical skills and technical aptitude, an understanding of accounting and financial reporting and/or grants management, experience from a user and a system manager perspective, good customer service and communication skills, the ability to triage and reprioritize caseload, and to follow-up on open issues. Patience with a diversity of user skill levels and determination to resolve issues in a timely manner are essential qualities. Experience with Salesforce/FoundationConnect, Business World (formerly Agresso), and Concur are preferred.
- Manage the ConservationGrants User Support program, supporting users, both internal and external applicant/grantee community, including answering questions and troubleshooting user issues, and developing support procedures.
- Develop, maintain, and execute a training program using a variety of modalities including face-to-face and online for users around the globe with varying levels of connectivity.
- Develop and maintain all institution-wide and program-specific guidance documents and policies related to the use of the ConservationGrants system, disseminate updates and oversee the translation of materials.
- Assist CG team in the development of solution options in Salesforce based upon user requirements.
- Contribute to release management activities, including review, QA testing, and evaluation of Salesforce and FoundationConnect recurring releases.
- Monitor and troubleshoot interface errors
- Actively participate in the development of new solutions by gathering requirements and reviewing potential solution options with the product owners or stakeholders.
Financial Systems Support:
Responsible for all aspects of end-user support for all financial systems. This includes the following:
- Conduct Initial review and triage of all incoming tickets. This includes assignments to super users and other team members as needed to resolve more complex tickets.
- Resolve service tickets, including documentation in the ticketing system and communication with affected users and IT stakeholders.
- Oversee creation, maintenance, and termination of user accounts in all systems.
- Troubleshoot and maintain workflow processes for appropriate systems including redistribution and setup/maintenance of substitutes.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position is based remotely within the United States.
- Some domestic or international travel might be required.
- For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our community, all US-based Conservation International staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This mandatory vaccine requirement applies to all staff working remotely, in a hybrid work arrangement, and on-site in CI US offices. CI follows CDC recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines. Requests for reasonable accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 4-6 years of related professional experience
- Experience with supporting systems.
- Experience in training on software applications.
- Proactive, self-starter; ability to work independently and prioritize conflicting tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Strong team player with the ability to work across cross-functional teams.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to share complex technical information with multiple levels within the organization.
- Administrator experience using Business World.
- Ability to develop/test Excelerator templates.
- Administrator experience using Concur.
- Ability to run SQL scripts.
- Salesforce Administrator experience.
- Spoken or written knowledge of a foreign language.
- Administrative knowledge of Salesforce/FoundationConnect.
- Experience gathering and managing business requirements and developing technical solutions.
- Previous grants management and/or non-profit experience.
- Experience with Agile development lifecycle, including the ability to define user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Managing projects using Kanban.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled