Deputy Director of Enterprise Risk Management
30+ days ago
Deputy Director of Enterprise Risk Management
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
POSITION SUMMARY - This position could be based in Mexico, Kenya, South Africa, or Ecuador
CI’s Deputy Director for Enterprise Risk Management & Compliance is responsible for supporting CI’s existing culture of strategic risk management and the coordination and management of CI’s related Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) processes, tools, and systems, including in the areas of risk management, compliance, investigations, training, policy management, and communication.
- Support CI’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) processes and systems including coordinating elements related to its annual risk management assessment and monitoring implementation of CI’s annual Risk Management Plan. The position will also monitor compliance and risk mitigation status globally including key ERM performance metrics for purposes of communicating and reporting to senior management.
- Support CI’s independent investigatory function, ensuring timely response to all reports, and the management and tracking of engagements from receipt to resolution. The position will also directly support investigations, remotely and in the field, under the supervision of the S. Director for ERM.
- Perform regular and systematic sampling and testing of financial and operational activity for compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as external obligations, including donor and grantee compliance and US and International obligations.
- In support of CI’s Policy Management function, ensure that programs have access to current legal and compliance documentation and materials, including ethics hotline posters, ethics, and integrity posters, and that changes are properly approved, tracked, communicated globally, and updated on its global policy management platform.
- Support management of CI’s global insurance portfolio including its annual renewal cycle and coordinating with other programs and divisions within CI to ensure that coverage is current and adequately addresses the operational profile of CI, its geographic footprint, and all existing assets and resources. In addition, the position will request and process certificates of insurance working with CI’s external insurance broker, and manage all claims and coverage incidents to ensure optimal coverage and maximize reimbursement for losses.
- Support and coordinate trainings led by the Enterprise Risk Management and the Legal teams, including scheduling, planning, and material preparation.
- Support and provide coordination for CI’s centralized system for compiling and tracking any complaints and concerns raised through CI’s Environmental and Social Safeguards Framework (ESSF) and Global Grievance Mechanism.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- The position will be expected to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Guidance on flexible work arrangements will be shared during the interview process.
- An undergraduate degree (equivalent to a BA/BS) plus 7 or more years of previous relevant work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience managing a global portfolio of investigations, preferably with a certification as CFE or CIA.
- Management experience in a complex global compliance and risk management environment, knowledge of and working experience with Enterprise Risk Management frameworks.
- A proactive and dynamic approach to working that supports informed decision-making, particularly on challenging and complex issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building competencies and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong management skills in collaboration, team building, capacity development, and with the ability to deliver quality results on time.
- Professional-level written and oral fluency in English required.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled