SOMACORE Senior Project Manager
Quezon City, Philippines
8 days ago
SOMACORE Senior Project Manager
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
POSITION SUMMARY - This position is based in Quezon City, Philippines
The Senior Project Manager (Sr. PM) will provide technical and programmatic support, oversight, and monitoring for the CI SOMACORE project. They will support the CI SOMACORE Regional Director in all aspects of the project life cycle including project planning, work plan implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting on project status. They will lead and organize all gender-related deliverables of the project and will establish, and maintain administrative, workflow, and program/project monitoring systems.
- Organize the collection of information related to periodic project progress reporting and will coordinate with other CI Programs implementing the project to ensure compliance with project reporting standards, donor requirements, project alignment with institutional priorities, and summarize key findings.
- Advise on the development of meeting agendas, and adaptive management strategies and build capacity for other CI implementing units to ensure project success. These meetings will include Regional Exchanges to promote partner capacities in seascape conservation in the Lesser Sunda Seascape.
- As necessary or as may be requested by the CI SOMACORE Regional Director, the Sr. PM will represent CI as a key technical resource and build alliances and engage key external stakeholders including government and NGO officials, donors, and others critical to project success.
- Provide documentation support in key meetings including the CI SOMACORE Advisory Committee and other high-level meetings as may be possible.
- Coordinate with the Communications Specialist and with the membership of the SPMU on the development of databases and knowledge products necessary in promoting the project.
PEOPLE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the CI SOMACORE Regional Director in co-managing project staff in Konservasi Indonesia (KI) and in Conservation International Timor Leste (CI-TL) that have 50% or more level of effort (LOE) assigned to the project.
- Act as liaison between SPMU and related national CI programmes and project consortium partners.
- Collaborate with the Project Coordinator and the Finance and Administrative Manager to monitor the project budget against actual needs and expenditures, with the Program Coordinator on the organization and documentation of meetings and report preparation, and with the Communications Specialist on the development and population of the CI SOMACORE website.
- Support the CI SOMACORE Regional Director in determining necessary expertise / external support that must be engaged at both country-program and regional levels to enhance the quality of CI’s project deliverables.
- Frequent travel to project sites and other office locations.
- Comfortable working out of doors for extended periods.
- Ability to work extended work hours to meet project deadlines
- Guidance on flexible work arrangements will be shared during the interview process.
- Fixed-term assignment expected to be 36 months (on yearly renewal). Anticipated to begin January 2023 and end December 2026.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 to 7 years of related work experience.
- Up to 2 years of experience supervising and motivating others including multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in working with governments (local and national levels); experience in working on multi-country projects will be an advantage.
- Direct project management experience, preferably in large-scale conservation, gender advocacy, or related arena.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid attention to detail, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Team player and able to work effectively with diverse work groups in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A record of success in influencing and partnering with key stakeholders and raising funds.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, set priorities, and deliver quality results
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and under minimal supervision.
- Advanced degree in Social Science or related field.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2022 (11:49 PM EST)
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled