SOMACORE Project Finance and Administrative Manager
Quezon City, Philippines
19 days ago
Solutions for Marine & Coastal Resilience in the Coral Triangle (SOMACORE) Project Finance and Administrative Manager
Project Site/Duty Station : Quezon City, Philippines
Division/Program : Asia Pacific Field Division/Philippines
Application Deadline : 30 November 2022
Type of Contract : Fixed Term, Full Time
Starting Date : 03 January 2023
(subject to approval of Grant Agreement with funder)
Expected Duration of Engagement : 4 years for an anticipated award
Conservation International Philippines Foundation, Inc. (CIPFI) is an Affiliate of CI, a US-based environmental non-profit organization. Our mission is “Building upon a strong foundation of science, partnership and field demonstration, empower societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the well-being of humanity.” CIPFI applies innovations in science, economics, policy, and community participation to protect the earth’s richest regions of plant and animal diversity in the hotspots, major tropical wilderness areas and key marine ecosystems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance and Administrative Manager manages all the financial and administrative functions of the CI
SOMACORE PMU and will function as its regional point person of the Business World Information System.
S/he will manage and support financial reporting to provide management with timely and relevant financial information to make informed decisions. The Finance and Administrative Manager ensures that donor financial requirements are complied with including adoption and implementation of sound donor and grant management policies and practices and will coordinate closely with the CI-P Grants Manager for guidance on this matter. S/he develops budget forecasts, reviews and updates approved budgets, as needed, make necessary recommendations and support the development of strategic plans as they impact financial and operation functions. By working closely with CI-P Finance Manager, s/he will be directly responsible for processing financial transactions of the SOMACORE Project. By working closely with the CIP-
Administrative Coordinator, s/he will ensure that the procurement and administrative needs of the
SOMACORE Project are met. Since the human resources,and procurement requirements of the CI
SOMACORE project are managed from CI Philippines (CIP), the Finance and Administrative Manager will coordinate with CIP Operations Director for compliance to said requirements. S/he ensures that the
SOMACORE administrative and financial procedures are efficient and effective and are in compliance with CI’s policies and donor requirements.
The Finance and Administrative Manager works with the Project Coordinator to manage project budgets and with the Senior Project Manager (SrPM) on project operations. S/he takes the lead in preparing the CI-
SOMACORE financial reports at the project level for submission to the CIP-Operations (upon review and clearance of the CI-SOMACORE Regional Director) for the CI-P level review and submission to CI APFD and HQ. The Finance and Administrative Manager directly reports to the CI SOMACORE Regional Director.
- The Finance and Administrative Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of the
SOMACORE project, manage the project budget and ensures timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Will work with the CI SOMACORE Regional Director and SrPM to identify and implement follow-up actions when necessary.
- The incumbent will manage timely and accurate recording of accounting transactions and ensures compliance with CI policies and procedures and reporting requirements.
- Will manage the budgeting, reporting, and financial compliance of grants and donor agreements; annual and ad-hoc budgeting and financial modeling.
- Ensure the effective and efficient stewardship of SOMACORE’s assets and financial resources.
- Will work with CI-P Operations in addressing audit findings as applicable.
- The Finance and Administrative Manager will manage the CI SOMACORE operations budget, financial concerns regarding the project and will conduct risk assessments and management.
PEOPLE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position directly supervises program operations staff.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on program operations.
- Manages the program and operation budget.
- Accountable for managing public or private funds important to achieving CI objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least seven (7) years of progressive experience in accounting and finance in an international
NGO. Minimum of five (5) years in a supervisory position or its equivalent in a matrix organization.
- Results-oriented and with keen attention to details
- Sound interpersonal relationship and strong leadership skills
- Maturity in handling confidential information
- Willing to abide by CI Code of Ethics and Policies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Filipino)
- Knowledgeable in tax regulations and government-mandated benefits
- Familiarity with any Accounting system or software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications
- Familiarity with GIZ processes will be an advantage
(in keeping with Philippine Government and CIPFI regulations health and safety regulations during
- Typical office environment.
- Occasional travel of less than 10% may be required.
- May need to work beyond normal work hours to meet reporting deadlines.
CI Values: We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization. www.conservation.org
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.
Kindly send letter of intent with your resumé on or before 30 November
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Php70,000.00 - Php100,000.00 per month
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Quezon City: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)