Mangrove Site Coordinator
Quezon City, Philippines
30+ days ago
CONSERVATION INTERNATIONAL PHILIPPINES
Job Title: Mangrove Site Coordinator Job Number: TBD Pay Band: Coordinator
Career Track: Individual Contributor Job Family: Program
Position Title: Mangrove Site Coordinator
Overtime Eligibility: To be completed by HR
Department/Program/ Location: Puerto Princesa, Palawan
Supervisor: Palawan Biodiversity Corridor Director
The Mangrove Site Coordinator handles all field activities to ensure the delivery of targets on mangrove protection and restoration under the project Community, Biodiversity and Natural Climate Solutions Initiative in Palawan in collaboration with local stakeholders, and in synch with the activities of the other members of the project team.
The task includes providing support to local stakeholders on planning, plan implementation, capacity building, and livelihood support; documenting progress of the project in the areas of carbon stock improvement and biodiversity improvement including the generation of co-benefits.
Mangrove Protection and Restoration through Partnerships
· Assess and identify priority sites for mangrove protection and restoration.
· Develop community mobilization plan for mangrove protection and rehabilitation sites.
· Facilitate social preparation to establish partnership with mangrove stakeholders, local government units and local service providers in southern Palawan.
· Supervise mangrove restoration projects and ensure quality performance by all involved.
· Monitor the permanent plots established for forest carbon stock and biodiversity assessments.
· Facilitate implementation of mangrove enforcement protocols.
· Ensure partner/stakeholder standards and interests are represented and incorporated into project deliverables.
Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide inputs to the formulation of the project’s detailed implementation plan including annual/monthly work plans and budget.
- Collect, integrate, analyze and report on project progress in compliance to recommended reporting schedules.
o weekly/monthly reports to immediate supervisor, or as need arises.
o quarterly internal project assessment meetings with Country Executive Director (CED) and other technical directors
o annual internal project assessment
- Contribute to internal reporting, donor inquiries and communications.
- Participate and contribute to the annual internal program planning.
- Support an organizational culture that reflects CI’s full spectrum programming of values, rights-based approach, gender responsiveness, accountability and high performance.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
· Assist in scoping, feasibility assessment and preparation of project design and description for new project sites for forest carbon and restoration.
· Participate in and apply training on forest carbon stock measurements, monitoring and evaluation
· Bachelor’s degree in aquatic biology, environmental science or forestry
· At least 2 to 4 years related work experience.
· Knowledgeable of and sensitive to local community’s culture and rights
· Ability to diagnose problems and identify solutions.
· Strong organization and time management skills.
· Team player and able to work effectively with diverse groups in a multicultural environment.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in written and spoken English.
· Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, set priorities, and deliver quality results.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and under general supervision.
· Resident of Palawan is preferred, in view of COVID restrictions
· Understanding of the socio-economic and environmental issues facing Palawan, indigenous peoples and local communities is strongly preferred.
· The Mangrove Coordinator’s duty station is in CI office Puerto Princesa City, Palawan with trips to the field office in Brookes’ Point, when necessary.
· Periodic travel to remote project sites with long and strenuous hike.
· Comfortable working outdoors for extended periods.
· Ability to work outside the normal work schedule to meet project deadlines.
· Flexibility in performing other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Php30,000.00 - Php50,000.00 per month
- Additional leave
- Company Christmas gift
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- 13th month salary
- Yearly bonus
Application Deadline: 12/23/2022
Expected Start Date: 01/03/2023