Communications Specialist for USAID CRC Project
Quezon City, Philippines
26 days ago
Communications Specialist for United States Agency for International
Development Climate Resilient Cities (USAID CRC) Project
Project Site/Duty Station* : Quezon City, Philippines
Division/Program : Asia Pacific Field Division/Philippines
Application Deadline : 18 May 2023
Type of Contract : Fixed Term, Full Time
Expected Duration of Engagement : 01 July 2023 to 30 June 2025
Conservation International Philippines Foundation, Inc. (CIPFI) is an Affiliate of CI, a US-based environmental non-profit organization. Our mission is “Building upon a strong foundation of science, partnership and field demonstration, empower societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the well-being of humanity.”
CIPFI applies innovations in science, economics, policy, and community participation to protect the earth’s richest regions of plant and animal diversity in the hotspots, major tropical wilderness areas and key marine ecosystems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Communications Specialist of CI Philippines for the Climate Resilient Cities (CRC) project works closely with the CRC project team, Regional Communications staff and HQ Communications team to create content and to ensure strategic alignment of communications, consistent messaging and a strong brand identity for the 5-year
USAID funded CRC project. The CI Communications Specialist creates content and uses effective communications channels to reach diverse audiences and help increase CI Philippines’ and CRC’s positioning for funding and influence. This includes stories, multimedia, and reports, as well as ensuring CI’s compliance with donor branding and marking requirements.
- Assist in the design and implementation of the CRC project communications strategy in line with the donor regulations.
- Develop content supporting project outreach through digital, visual and text platforms.
- Write, design, and manage the production of creative and compelling CRC communication and marketing materials such as but not limited to stories, photos, videos, fact sheets, brochures, reports, for various audiences, including donor, local and national governments, local Church, partners, media and the general public, as needed.
- Coordinate CRC freelancers in the production of above marketing materials as needed.
- Support the budgeting and procurement processes as for licenses, equipment and applications needed to implement the CRC’s communications strategy.
- Use and tailor agency and project messages for each audience and identify and utilize effective channels to disseminate communications materials to key audiences.
- Contribute content and visuals from the CRC project to CI social channels by generating ideas and updates from the CRC project team, selecting, drafting and scheduling timely, relevant and concise posts (e.g., photos, infographics, videos, GIFs and social cards)
- Develop and maintain relationships with local media and help identify opportunities to reach key audiences, and coach CRC program staff in effective local media representation.
- Support the dissemination of relevant information among personnel, partners, and project participants or other relevant actors related to the CRC project.
- Provide marketing and communications support for CRC project events, including development of signages, handouts, talking points, photos and presentations and liaising with media and journalists.
- Support the creation of processes, manuals and trainings for CRC project staff and partners on matters related to communications, marketing, and media created for the development of the project.
- Review CRC project communications and ensure these are aligned and consistent with CI’s and CRS’ brand strategies and publication guidelines and donor requirements.
- Archive and maintain CRC photos, videos, and other communication documents.
PEOPLE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position does not manage a budget or public/private funds.
- This position does not manage staff but may coordinate with partners and Consultant as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related studies; experience in INGOs or UN preferred.
- At least two (2) years marketing and communications experience, ideally for an NGO or another organization in development and relief programming.
- Excellent English language (oral and written) communication skills
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and partners in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully disseminating information to a variety of target audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and desktop publishing
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign
(in keeping with Philippine Government and CIPFI regulations health and safety regulations during COVID-19 pandemic)
- Based in Philippines, with occasional field missions to the provinces and related areas;
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Ability to work extended works hours to meet deadlines.
CI Values: We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization. www.conservation.org
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.
Kindly send letter of intent with your resumé that will include three references, including their email and contact numbers to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18 May 2023.
Job Type: Full-time
Contract length: 24 months
Salary: Php40,000.00 - Php50,000.00 per month
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- marketing and communications: 2 years (Preferred)
- NGO: 2 years (Preferred)
Application Deadline: 05/18/2023
Expected Start Date: 07/03/2023