Quezon City, Philippines
8 days ago
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
POSITION SUMMARY - This position is based in Quezon City, Philippines
The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Operations Director and is based in the Philippines, with occasional field missions to the provinces and related areas. This position is the lead person in the delivery of the following for CIPFI and its projects.
- Responsible for legal compliance with the Local Government Unit and other appropriate national and local government agencies to maintain continued business license/operations of the main office and field offices.
- Ensure continuous tax-exemption status of CIPFI.
- Manage updated external contracts, vehicle registrations, insurances, and related documents, and ensure compliance with CI/CIPFI policies and procedures, including. the flow of information and transactions related to these.
- Provide administrative and operational support to help ensure the efficient functioning of CIPFI’s departments/division, main office and field offices.
- Act as a liaison with other departments/divisions, main office and field offices and others within and outside CI/CIPFI. Maintain administrative files.
- Screen incoming correspondence, calls, and requests. Ensure that critical and sensitive information flows to the appropriate person in a timely manner and follow up as needed.
- Prepare correspondence, memos, presentations, and other communications materials.
- Assist co-staff, interns, temporary employees, and volunteers.
- Recommend procedures and processes to improve ways of doing Admin functions including procurement, asset management and tracking of operating budget.
- Serve as the Purchasing Officer/point person for ensuring that the CI/CIPFI Procurement Policies are complied with, including compliance to CIPFI’s Procurement Threshold for Goods and Services.
- Ensure timely delivery of the procurement requirements of the country program in the main office and field offices.
- Lead person in Fixed Assets Module in Business World and inventory management of office and IT equipment,
furniture and fixtures.
- Track and monitor expenditures of the operating budget.
- Prepare check requests, travel reimbursements, and other related financial transactions.
- Generate reports and related analysis.
People and Resource Management Responsibilities
- This position does not manage a budget or public/private funds.
- This position directly manages staff and may coordinate with partners and consultants as needed.
(in keeping with Philippine Government and CIPFI health and safety regulations during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Based in the Philippines, with occasional field missions to the provinces and related areas.
- Ability to work extended work hours to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to travel occasionally as needed.
- Guidance on flexible work arrangements will be shared during the interview process.
- 2 to 4 years of progressive experience in providing administrative and office support to main office and field offices, project support, and procurement, preferably in the conservation, NGO, or advocacy arena.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Mail, and web researching skills.
- Service focus. Courteous, tactful, and proven ability to work effectively with others from a variety of disciplines, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and time management skills and ability to adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree related to the responsibilities.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
Application Deadline: February 3, 2023 (11:49 PM EST)
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled