Project Procurement/Admin Associate
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
10 days ago
Project Procurement/Admin Associate for Mantalingahan Landscape
Project Site/Duty Station : Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
Division/Program : Asia Pacific Field Division/Philippines
Application Deadline : 08 June 2023
Type of Contract : Fixed Term, Full Time
Expected Duration of Engagement : 01 July 2023 to 15 October 2026
Conservation International Philippines Foundation, Inc. (CIPFI) is an Affiliate of CI, a US-based environmental non-profit organization. Our mission is “Building upon a strong foundation of science, partnership and field demonstration, empower societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the well-being of humanity.”
CIPFI applies innovations in science, economics, policy, and community participation to protect the earth’s richest regions of plant and animal diversity in the hotspots, major tropical wilderness areas and key marine ecosystems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant provides general administrative, procurement and logistical support to the project team in Puerto Princesa and elsewhere in Palawan.
S/He will provide procurement, asset monitoring and maintenance support, organizing or providing assistance to operations-related online and in-person meetings, prepare communications and correspondences, coordinate with staff on logistical needs of project team and sub-teams, maintain office filing and record-keeping, and perform other related duties. S/he will also closely coordinate and collaborate with other staff, such as those in Quezon City and in Palawan.
Carry out procurement functions in the areas of:
- Solicitation Process, including but not limited to assisting in hotel bookings, organizing of meetings and events, printing/photocopying, transportation service arrangements, etc.
- Evaluation and Selection, Contracting Process, and Close Down Process in accordance with the
CI/CIPFI and donor’s policies and procedures, as applicable.
- Regular maintenance and updating of Vendor List/Database/Directory
- Assist, when necessary, in the identification of and negotiation with vendors
B. Assets Maintenance and Monitoring
- Monitor and maintain the upkeep of office assets, making sure that it is properly tagged and included in the Inventory Master File and recorded in CI/CIPFI system.
- Prepare Memorandum Receipts, Borrower’s Form and other related documents, and ensure completeness of signatures/approvals.
- Ensure day-to-day upkeep and orderliness of office premises.
- Facilitate, safekeep and monitor the level of office and pantry supplies, including ensuring of support documentation.
- Provide support to vehicle scheduling, attend to guests and visitors who come by the office, assist in mailing and courier-related transactions.
- Draft communication letters and correspondences and take down meeting notes/minutes as needed.
- Maintain office records, files, and logbooks.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other project and operations staff to ensure harmonious flow of information and all admin/procurement/payment concerns are addressed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Participate in capacity building and continuing education programs to upgrade knowledge and enhance skills in procurement and negotiations, office management, and communications.
PEOPLE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Does not directly supervise staff but assists peers and helps direct the work of interns, temporary employees, contractors, or volunteers.
- Not accountable for an operating budget but tracks and monitors expenditures. Handles petty office transactions within CI/CIPFI established guidelines.
- Familiarity with the requirements of donor agreements and CI’s donor-related policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related courses to the responsibilities.
- At least 2 years work experience in providing administrative and office management support.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and other web researching skills.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal, in English and Tagalog.
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and complete high-volume tasks by deadlines. Can work under pressure, multitask, and deliver quality results.
- Service focus. Courteous and able to handle sensitive information, tactful, and proven ability to work effectively with others and diverse work groups. A good team player.
- Ability to work under general supervision and take initiative to solve problems.
(in keeping with Philippine Government and CIPFI regulations health and safety regulations during COVID-19
- Typical office environment.
- Minimal or as-needed travel is expected.
- Ability to occasionally work flexible hours to meet project deadlines.
CI Values: We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization. www.conservation.org
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.
Kindly send letter of intent with your resumé that will include three references, including their email and contact numbers on or before 08 June 2023.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Php23,000.00 - Php28,000.00 per month
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Puerto Princesa City, Palawan: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Application Deadline: 06/08/2023
Expected Start Date: 07/03/2023