Project Grants Coordinator
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
30+ days ago
Project Grants Coordinator
Project Site/Duty Station : Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
Division/Program : Asia Pacific Field Division/Philippines
Application Deadline : 08 September 2022
Type of Contract : Fixed Term, Full Time
Starting Date : 01 November 2022
Expected Duration : 4 years
Conservation International Philippines Foundation, Inc. (CIPFI) is an Affiliate of CI, a US-based environmental non-profit organization. Our mission is “Building upon a strong foundation of science, partnership and field demonstration, empower societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the well-being of humanity.” CIPFI applies innovations in science, economics, policy, and community participation to protect the earth’s richest regions of plant and animal diversity in the hotspots, major tropical wilderness areas and key marine ecosystems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Grants Coordinator will provide support for (1) donor requirements (2) budget review, updating and development, and (3) contract management under the supervision of the Project Finance and
Operations Director (PFOD).
1. Provide preliminary screening of subgrant and contract application document to:
- ensure completeness and adequacy of forms and information provided by the subgrantee applicants;
- provide timely feedback to concerned persons/units on lacking requirements, forms, and information
2. Assist in the review of request for project funding for subgrants and/or contracts to ensure that these are consistent with the approved budget and project terms
3. Conduct review of subgrantee’s progress financial reports and liquidations, including checking of transaction details and support documentations in consideration of donor policies as well as of CI’s
4. Review consultant’s reimbursable expenses and supporting documents, such as the official receipts that are within the contract period that match with activity report
5. In coordination with the PFOD this post will be in-charge of receiving, collating and following-up of monthly project fund request to ensure its appropriateness that can be traced and verified from the approved project budget using the correct charge codes, and checking activity coverage within the approved project term and timeline.
6. Facilitate in the monitoring of subgrants and contracts including reporting schedules and termination dates, by periodically tracking status including payments and sending out reminders to responsible project staff who is tasked to manage/coordinate with the account/s; determine through the guidance of PFOD the appropriate action to be taken such as in cases of contract modification, no-cost extension, budget revision, etc.
7. Through the guidance of PFOD and Senior Manager for Grants and Contracts, spearhead the conduct of orientation, field site visit and audit of subgrantee-partners, including mentoring, as necessary
8. Initiate the timelining of project’s sub-grant and contract processes that are based on CI’s workflow, from receipt of subgrantee’s organizational and application documents through budget review and conduct of financial due diligence up to execution of agreement and initial grant payment
9. Develop workflows for the monitoring of subgrants that include review of progress financial and cash flow report, communication of noted observations to the subgrantees, until release of succeeding grant payment
10. Develop a grid of documentary requirements for each type of subgrantee transactions, such as relating to procurement of goods or services, salaries and payroll, conduct of meeting and special events, etc. to be shared to relevant project team members and sub-grantees
11. Perform other tasks that may be required to support the grants and contracts team
PEOPLE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Does not manage staff but may assist peers, interns, volunteers, contractors and others.
- Does not have authority to allocate resources or approve budget expenditures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Accountancy
- At least four years of managing financial and grants transactions
- Maturity in handling confidential information
- Good oral and written communication skills (English and Filipino)
- Keen to details and thorough in work output
- Willing to abide by CI Code of Ethics and Policies
(in keeping with Philippine Government and CIPFI regulations health and safety regulations during
- Typical office environment. May need to do field work may need to work extended hours as needed.
CI Values: We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization. www.conservation.org
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.
Kindly send letter of intent with your resumé that will include three references, including their email and contact numbers on or before 08 September 2022.
Job Type: Full-time
Contract length: 48 months
Salary: Php41,000.00 - Php50,000.00 per month
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Puerto Princesa City, Palawan: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Application Deadline: 09/08/2022
Expected Start Date: 11/01/2022