Project Finance & Operations Director
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
24 days ago
Project Finance & Operations Director
Project Site/Duty Station : Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
Division/Program : Asia Pacific Field Division/Philippines
Application Deadline : 08 September 2022
Type of Contract : Fixed Term, Full Time
Starting Date : 01 November 2022
Expected Duration : 4 years
Conservation International Philippines Foundation, Inc. (CIPFI) is an Affiliate of CI, a US-based environmental non-profit organization. Our mission is “Building upon a strong foundation of science, partnership and field demonstration, empower societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the well-being of humanity.” CIPFI applies innovations in science, economics, policy, and community participation to protect the earth’s richest regions of plant and animal diversity in the hotspots, major tropical wilderness areas and key marine ecosystems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Finance and Operations Director (PFOD) oversees the CCNCS Phase 2 NCS Palawan project- related finance and operations transactions in the areas of financial, human resources, grants and contracts, administrative and procurement to ensure management has the timely and relevant financial and operations information needed to make informed decisions. The PFOD ensures that sound donor and grant management policies and practice applicable to the project are adopted and implemented, leads project budget and financial review, updating and reporting, and provides support for related project fundraising proposals, as applicable, and develops project short and long-term budgets, financial projections, and strategic plans.
In coordination with the CIP Operations Director, the PFOD:
1. Ensures that operations functions are efficient and effective, and improvements in processes are introduced for the purpose of increased efficiency, productivity, and operational capacity.
2. Develops and implements guidelines and practices that align operation functions with the program’s business plans and CI’s overall conservation objectives.
3. Ensures operational functions are implemented in compliance with CI’s policies and procedures and local reporting and governance bodies.
4. The PFOD works with his/her supervisor, the CCNCS Project Lead, in implement audit findings, if any.
The PFOD directly manages finance, grants and operations, and operations staff and duties are performed under limited or as-needed supervision.
1. Project Financial Management
- Manage the project’s budget and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. Work with project leadership to identify and implement follow-up actions when necessary.
- Oversee the timely, complete, and accurate recording of accounting transactions. Ensure compliance with CI policies and procedures and local reporting requirements.
- Manage project budgeting, reporting, and financial compliance of grants and donor agreements.
- Lead the periodic, mid-year and annual project budget review, amendments, scenario-setting and related activities.
- Ensure the effective and efficient stewardship of project financial resources.
- Manage the project operations budget.
- Manage related project financial issues that arise, including risk management.
- Review the monthly Fund Request of the project for approval of the CCNCS Project Lead for submission to CIP Operations Director.
2. Project Grants & Contracts Management and Administration
- Lead in the Grants & Contracts management and administration of the project by providing guidance to the Grants & Contracts Coordinator for compliance in the areas of:
- Donor regulations- CI/CIP regulations- Pre-award, implementation and post-award statutory and administrative requirements
- Lead in planning and discussions to address issues related to external grants and contracts implementation. Resolve issues arising from these discussions, elevate complex issues to the CCNCS Project Lead and CIP Operations Director, and ensure that all issues are resolved.
- Manage timely and accurate reporting to CCNCS Project Lead and CI Operations
Director that will include budgets, actuals and related status reports in the prescribed period time and format.
- Oversee grants review and selection process, preparation of contracts and agreements and contract amendments and additions to ensure compliance to CI/CIP policies, financial guidelines and budget requirements.
- Conducts field visits in accordance with the monitoring and evaluation plan and in coordination with the CCNCS Project Lead and technical staff.
- Maintain the Project Master Files (PMF) in the Business World for the CCNCS project.
1. Project Administration and Procurement
- Ensure legal compliance with the Puerto Princesa City Local Government Unit and other applicable national and local government agencies to maintain continued business license/operations of the project office(s).
- Provide guidance to the Project Administrative Assistant in complying with CI/CIP procurements policies and procedures, and delegation of authority.
2. Human Resources
- Work closely with CIP Operations Director for guidance on people management issues including performance management, merit review, recruiting, staffing, and compliance with CI policy and local labor laws. Ensure supervisors receive guidance on all personnel issues.
- Advise management in staffing and strategic planning efforts.
3. Business Operations
- Lead efforts to improve project efficiencies and effectiveness. Recommend changes in business processes and structure, as applicable, for timely delivery of Operations services for the CCNCS project.
- Align operation functions with project priorities, with a focus on internal client service and maximizing operational effectiveness.
- Support program and system roll-outs.
- Ensure proper use and application of CI systems and processes. Liaise with IT to ensure staff is able to access and use CI’s technology assets.
- Assist in identifying and addressing issues of high risk.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
PEOPLE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position directly supervises project operations staff.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on project operations.
- Manages the project operations budget.
- Accountable for managing public or private funds important to achieving CI objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 7 or more years of direct work-related experience.
- 2 or more years of experience supervising the work of others.
- International nonprofit experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to effectively convey complex details or technical information.
- Highly familiar with etiquette, protocol, and employing cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Proven team player.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Some post-graduate college work studies completed preferred.
(in keeping with Philippine Government and CIPFI regulations health and safety regulations during
- Typical office environment.
- Travel to project field areas is expected.
- Ability to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
CI Values: We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization. www.conservation.org
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.
Kindly send letter of intent with your resumé that will include three references, including their email and contact numbers on or before 08 September 2022.
Job Type: Full-time
Contract length: 48 months
Salary: Php114,000.00 - Php139,000.00 per month
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Puerto Princesa City, Palawan: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Application Deadline: 09/08/2022
Expected Start Date: 11/01/2022