Monitoring & Evaluation Associate
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
30+ days ago
Monitoring & Evaluation Associate
Project Site/Duty Station : Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
Division/Program : Asia Pacific Field Division/Philippines
Application Deadline : 08 September 2022
Type of Contract : Fixed Term, Full Time
Starting Date : 01 November 2022
Expected Duration : 4 years
Conservation International Philippines Foundation, Inc. (CIPFI) is an Affiliate of CI, a US-based environmental non-profit organization. Our mission is “Building upon a strong foundation of science, partnership and field demonstration, empower societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the well-being of humanity.” CIPFI applies innovations in science, economics, policy, and community participation to protect the earth’s richest regions of plant and animal diversity in the hotspots, major tropical wilderness areas and key marine ecosystems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Associate will provide technical support to the Community, Conservation, and Natural Climate Solutions Initiative in Palawan in collaboration with local stakeholders, and in synch with the activities of the other members of the project team. The task includes data collection, capacity building and report writing pursuant to the implementation of the project’s monitoring plans
Reporting to the CCNCS M&E Specialist, the M&E Associate will assist in addressing the most significant and urgent needs to accelerate improvements in program/project design and delivery. In collaboration with the M&E Specialist, Project Lead, and M&E Director and Working Group, the M&E Associate will develop and share lessons learned, create information storage/access systems, and provide training that allows for scaling of capacity for design and delivery. The M&E Associate will enhance and build project management capacity, provide support to increase the quality of monitoring and reporting, track project delivery to ensure that CI is meeting commitments, and modify projects to ensure full compliance with safeguards, gender, and other project and CI requirements.
The role will focus on the project level to help design M&E functions to improve the understanding of project performance and impact as well as contribute toward larger organizational initiatives and strategies to support strategic alignment.
Working closely with the M&E Specialist, the M&E Associate shall:
1. Support the development and implementation of the Project M&E system (M&E Plan, Results Framework, M&E Tools etc.).
2. Assist in M&E capacity building activities. Provide technical coaching/mentoring to project teams and delivery partners on M&E-related matters.
3. Coordinate with project teams and delivery partners to ensure timely submission of reports and data required for monitoring.
4. Conduct regular field visits to support implementation of M&E, including data validation activities to ensure accuracy of reports, and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
5. Support preparation of periodic reports and assessments on progress for internal audiences. Assist in the refinement of action plans and outcomes as needed.
6. Participate in project reviews and planning activities.
7. Assist in the preparation knowledge products for the project.
8. Perform related duties as assigned.
PEOPLE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Does not manage staff but may assist peers, interns, volunteers, contractors and others.
- Does not have authority to allocate resources or approve budget expenditures.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or equivalent discipline and at least 3 years of work experience with M&E research programs or initiatives or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with different approaches, including MEAL reporting requirements.
- Experience formulating strategy to achieve M&E goals, developing and implementing M&E plans, and reporting on progress.
- Experience or working knowledge of conservation and climate change related concepts, projects, or programs
- Proven ability to understand, interpret and apply technical and scientific information and data to achieve tangible results.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office project management.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and work well across cultures and within and across organizations.
- Fluency in English required
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, set priorities, and deliver quality results.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and under general supervision.
- Understanding of the socio-economic and environmental issues facing Palawan, indigenous peoples, and local communities is strongly preferred.
- Willing to abide by CI Code of Ethics and Policies.
(in keeping with Philippine Government and CIPFI regulations health and safety regulations during COVID-19 pandemic)
- Extended work hours may be required, including non-traditional work hours as needed in a global organization
- May need to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
CI Values: We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization. www.conservation.org
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.
Kindly send letter of intent with your resumé that will include three references, including their email and contact numbers on or before 08 September 2022.
Job Type: Full-time
Contract length: 48 months
Salary: Php23,000.00 - Php28,000.00 per month
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Puerto Princesa City, Palawan: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Application Deadline: 09/08/2022
Expected Start Date: 11/01/2022