Technical Specialist on the Development of the City Environment Code
Project Site : Iloilo City
Application Deadline : 10 November 2023
Type of Contract : Independent Contractor (Consultant)
Expected Duration of Engagement : 30 days (November 2023 to February 2024)
Starting Date : 22 November 2023
A series of local roadshows on Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) was conducted to identify existing and proposed
NBS programs, projects, menus for development of project proposals, and technical support needs at the LGU level that the USAID-CRC Project can assist the LGU with. Specifically, the assistance includes support in the development of policies to institutionalize the use of Nature-Based Solutions and Green-Gray Infrastructure
(NBS/GGI) in local climate adaptation and resilience programs.
Among the policy needs identified during the roadshows and other project activities was the updating and revision of the existing Environment Code of the city of Iloilo.
Considering that a LGU’s Environment Code covers a wide range of environmentally related fields that will require technical assistance and inputs from an expert, the services of a technical specialist is needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert guidance and technical inputs (particularly on solid waste, hazardous and toxic waste, pollution, sewage and sewerage) on the development of the revised Environment Code of the city, with emphasis on climate resiliency and adaptation.
- Participate in the conduct of workshops, consultations and meetings on the review and revision of the
Environment Code of the city.
- Coordinate with the CRC City Team in the preparation and conduct of workshops, consultations and meetings on the review and development of the revised Environment Code.
- Work closely with the Policy Specialist and the Director for Natural Climate Solutions for guidance purposes.
- Provide the necessary reports on the progress of the development of the revised Environment Code.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, Engineering, Development Management and related field of study. A Master’s degree is an advantage;
- With technical knowledge on various environmentally related fields, particularly on solid waste, hazardous and toxic waste, pollution, sewage and sewerage;
- With five (5) years working experience in providing technical inputs in the formulation of laws, ordinances, rules and regulations for national government agencies and institutions and local government units;
- With experience on working in development projects;
- With experience in working with different stakeholders from national government, local government, civil society organizations, academe, local communities, peoples’ organizations, private sector and other groups/sectors in the formulation of policies, programs and plans;
- Can work with limited supervision and under tight timelines;
- Proficient written and oral communication skills;
- Preferably from Iloilo City
Kindly submit letter of intent and Curriculum Vitae with at least one professional work reference, including their current contact details to email@example.com on or before 10 November 2023.
Job Type: Temporary
Contract length: 30 days
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Development Projects: 5 years (Preferred)
Application Deadline: 11/10/2023
Expected Start Date: 11/22/2023