Arlington, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
The Senior Recruiter will be responsible for managing the recruitment cycle for critical roles in the field and/or global programs divisions. They will conduct sourcing for key technical roles based in the US and field offices across CI’s focus areas and manage the recruitment process. The individual will also support and contribute to the development and refinement of CI’s global recruitment systems and processes.
- Conduct sourcing of passive candidates for key roles through social media channels and creative networking (referrals, internet mining, etc.). Manage the recruitment/selection process for conservation finance, climate policy, sustainable agriculture, natural climate solutions, ocean conservation, and other specialized conservation science roles. Priorities may also include operations management roles such as human resources, IT, and finance specialists.
- Develop and/or edit job descriptions in cooperation with hiring managers. Define recruitment sourcing strategy for each role based on the labor market or geographic focus.
- Review applications and assess candidate qualifications against criteria.
- Conduct interviews and make recommendations to hiring managers on candidate shortlist.
- Develop and ensure implementation of high-quality global recruitment, interviewing, selection, and strategic onboarding processes. Build the skills and commitment of hiring managers to follow best practices in all stages of the talent acquisition life cycle.
- Provide regular reports to hiring managers on a timely basis regarding status relating to all positions; including outreach and response for each position as needed.
- Work with the compensation director to determine appropriate salary ranges for specific positions and markets. Negotiate salaries and support the transition from the offer to the onboarding stage.
- Support the development of recruiting processes and systems, including new technology. Support the development of new templates, forms, and tools.
- Support periodic staff training on recruitment procedures and best practices.
- Develop and facilitate training for hiring managers on the recruiting process and provide periodic training to management staff on recruitment and onboarding best practices.
- Promote CI’s recruitment brand through active participation in virtual or in-person job fairs, conferences, and other networking and marketing events.
- Develop outreach efforts in support of diversity hiring and inclusive sourcing.
- This position will support CI’s Arlington, VA office. The candidate may be based in Arlington or Seattle. Other US locations (remote work) will be considered. The Senior Recruiter may have a hybrid or remote work arrangement and may be required to travel occasionally.
- For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our community, all US-based Conservation International staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This mandatory vaccine requirement applies to all staff working remotely, in a hybrid work arrangement, and on-site in CI US offices. Effective January 4, 2022, new hires will be required to provide proof of full vaccination with a government-approved vaccine as a condition for employment. Requests for reasonable accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in talent acquisition/recruitment.
- Experience conducting searches on recruitment databases, social media, and relevant industry websites to identify the talent.
- Understanding of compliance requirements and best practices for recruitment and hiring. Proven ability to research and learn employment law outside of the US.
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written), presentation, and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information professionally and discreetly.
- Experience working with an applicant tracking system (ATS) or customer relationship management software. Experience improving ATS capability or procuring new systems is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, economics, or social sciences.
- Experience in the international development industry or conservation.
- Fluent English language skills required; fluency in a second language, such as French or Spanish.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled