Arlington, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
POSITION SUMMARY - This position is based in Arlington, VA
Amid growing consensus that the protection, restoration, and improved management of ecosystems can provide at least 30% of the climate mitigation needed to limit warming to 1.5°C, Conservation International (CI) has set ambitious targets to realize the potential of natural climate solutions (NCS) worldwide. The Carbon Finance (CF) team within CI’s Conservation Finance Division (CFD) is working across CI to source and finance a portfolio of high-quality NCS projects, creating industry-leading partnerships with the private sector and connections with field programs to ensure the delivery of ambitious climate and conservation targets.
This position is an integral part of the CF team. The team is dynamic and fast-moving, with the ambition to tap the deep knowledge and technical expertise within Conservation International, to catalyze and improve the quality of gigatons of emission reductions in the voluntary and compliance carbon markets. The CF team will prioritize impact through community engagement, biodiversity, safeguards, and high-quality carbon credits, as well as 2 through projects which are located in “Irrecoverable Carbon” and Biodiversity hotspots. Each member of this team plays a critical role in making this impact mission success. The Program Coordinator will provide programmatic and administrative support to the Carbon Finance Team within the Conservation Finance Division (CFD). The Program Coordinator will work closely with the Sr. Operations Director and other members of the CF team on all aspects of project administration. delivery. The Program Coordinator will help establish and maintain administrative, workflow, and program/project monitoring systems in addition to supporting program tracking, document management, and reporting. The selected candidate will also support technical, data, and donor-related work with direction and support from the CF technical team, Sr. Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager, and members of the CF leadership team.
- Provide administrative, coordination, logistics, and project support for CI’s CF team.
- Leads CF document management efforts by saving and organizing relevant documents to the team’s SharePoint files and responding to requests for information.
- Help update and maintain team Sharepoint sites on a regular basis.
- Work with the CF team to organize venues, travel, and other logistics for project activities such as training, workshops, and social events.
- Organizes conference calls and meetings by managing and distributing agendas, briefing background materials for meeting participants, and ensuring minutes are captured and distributed to participants.
- Track important dates and deadlines and communicate to appropriate staff.
- Help maintain, and track program and/or project workflows and monitoring systems. Conduct and compile research and report on key findings.
- Assist in writing and editing reports and proposals.
- Assist in creating PowerPoint presentations, fact sheets, programmatic highlights, and other CF-related materials utilizing data, photos, and other visual/digital mediums.
- Contributes to financial-related activities such as budget/expense monitoring, ensuring correct allocation of expenses, assist staff with expense reports, and supporting ad hoc financial reporting.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Guidance on flexible work arrangements will be shared during the interview process.
- For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our community, all US-based Conservation International staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This mandatory vaccine requirement applies to all staff working remotely, in a hybrid work arrangement, and on-site in CI US offices. CI follows CDC recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines. Requests for reasonable accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
- 2 to 4 years of related work experience.
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Solid attention to detail and proofreading skills. Strong prioritization and organization skills and focus on detail.
- Comfortable managing multiple duties and adapting to changing priorities. Resourcefulness and ability to work proactively. Well-developed and professional customer service skills.
- Courteous, tactful, and proven ability to work effectively with others. Ability to work under general supervision and take initiative to solve problems under the supervisor's direction.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals from a variety of disciplines, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Effectively works independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving and initiative to learn new skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as international development, environmental science, economics, forestry, agronomy, corporate social responsibility, etc.
- Work experience in the conservation, NGO, or advocacy arena.
- Experience utilizing storytelling and communications skills to create professional and compelling communications and marketing material.
- Keen knowledge and interest in conservation, carbon finance, and climate-related work.
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, and/or French.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled