Midlevel Giving Manager
Arlington, VA, United States
16 days ago
Midlevel Giving Manager
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
POSITION SUMMARY - This position is based in Arlington, VA or remote within the US
The Midlevel Giving Manager is a donor-facing member of the Development team who serves as the relationship manager for all Azure Circle donors giving $10,000-$24,999. This position focuses on high-quality donor stewardship and engagement—strengthening the donor pipeline by deepening relationships between Midlevel donors and Conservation International. The Manager with qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward prospects through the pipeline, ensuring they have a seamless experience with a focus on upgrading giving and increasing retention of Midlevel donors. The Manager will correspond with donors through virtual visits, calls, and emails, and the Manager must be fully comfortable interacting with donors daily and representing Conservation International to external partners.
The Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Midlevel program. This includes extensive collaboration with the Annual Giving and Donor Experience team on Midlevel communications and execution of direct mail and digital strategy. The Manager has full ownership of the Major Gift Qualification process, researches and assigns Midlevel prospects, and develops at least one annual engagement opportunity for Midlevel donors.
They report to and work in close partnership with the Sr. Director of Individual Giving on executing Midlevel program strategy.
Midlevel and Azure Circle Donor Relations
- Manages all Azure Circle members and cultivates relationships with thoughtful, personal outreach and engagement opportunities in order to secure annual and increased support.
- Manages a strategic portfolio of high-level Emerald Circle donors ($5K+) and cultivates relationships to secure annual and increased support.
- Assists in the management of other Midlevel and high-level donors as needed.
- Conducts calls and virtual visits with donors on a monthly basis.
- Represents CI in meaningful dialogues with prospects and donors, maintaining the highest level of donor confidentiality and discretion. Works with CI staff to maximize cultivation and solicitation opportunities that are aligned with funding initiatives, institutional priorities, and events.
- Pilots new ideas to continually improve the Midlevel Giving donor experience.
- Partners with the manager of Digital Fundraising and manager of Individual Giving to execute mail and digital upgrade strategies to increase Giving Circle revenue and membership.
Midlevel Program Management
- Manages the Major Gifts Qualification process in collaboration with the Senior Manager of Prospect Research and the Senior Manager of Major Gifts. This includes evaluating all Azure Circle members and high-level Emerald Circle members for upgrade potential, submitting, and tracking the research of prospects, and holding assignment and review meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Regularly researches, qualifies and assigns donors to the Midlevel portfolio.
- Collaborates with Senior Manager of Individual Giving and Planned Giving to create a high-touch communications calendar that effectively cultivates and stewards all Midlevel donors.
- Develops and executes at least one Midlevel engagement opportunity that allows donors to connect and learn and inspires them to give.
- Working in close collaboration with the Senior Director of Individual Giving acts as a thought partner to suggest Midlevel strategy refinement as well as identifies new and innovative ways to increase Midlevel revenue and membership.
- Ensures all donor contacts and information are entered and updated in Raiser’s Edge. Partners with the operations team to track and refine memberships in RE.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- The position can be based in CI’s Global Support Center in Arlington, Virginia, or in a remote office setup offsite within the U.S.
- Typical office environment.
- Flexibility in the work schedule to accommodate time differences with staff based in different locations may be necessary.
- Occasional travel may be required to support relationship managers and fundraising efforts including events.
- For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our community, all US-based Conservation International staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This mandatory vaccine requirement applies to all staff working remotely, in a hybrid work arrangement, and on-site in CI US offices. CI follows CDC recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines. Requests for reasonable accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 4-6 years of fundraising, sales, or nonprofit experience required.
- Experience managing a portfolio and successfully closing annual gifts.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and tact, the ability to listen, and the ability to build strong relationships with donors, volunteers, and all levels of staff.
- Strong project management skills.
- Well-developed written and oral communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Experience using fundraising database software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to function well in a multicultural, diverse, and fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a geographically dispersed team and to communicate with staff at offsite locations. This includes comfort with communicating via phone, videoconference, etc.
- Experience consistently soliciting and closing 5+ figure gifts annually.
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in conservation, environmental studies, global development, or related topics.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled