Manager, U.S. Policy
Arlington, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Manager, U.S. Policy
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
The Manager will support CI efforts to develop science-based policy to promote natural climate solutions across multiple USG policy areas. To develop science-based policy, the Manager will work closely with the U.S. Policy team, the Oceans Team, the Center for Natural Climate Solutions, and CI scientists. The Manager will increase CI's capacity to advocate for forest conservation, oceans conservation, coastal resilience, financing mechanisms such as carbon markets and public-private partnerships, and track appropriations for key programs. The Manager will strengthen CI’s ability to engage with the Biden administration and US Congress.
- Support lobbying and engagement with the Biden Administration and US Congress.
- Monitor appropriations, advise advocacy strategy, and build coalition support for key programs.
- Liaise with partner organizations to monitor legislation, rulemaking, and advocacy opportunities and to build coalition support for CI priorities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position is based in Arlington, VA.
- Hybrid work in the office and from home with at least two days in the office per week. Will need video tech conferencing ability.
- Very limited travel outside of the Washington, DC area, heavy travel within the Washington, DC area. Regular visits to Capitol Hill, State Department, and stakeholder offices are likely.
- For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our community, all US-based Conservation International staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This mandatory vaccine requirement applies to all staff working remotely, in a hybrid work arrangement, and on-site in CI US offices. CI follows CDC recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines. Requests for reasonable accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant combination of education and experience.
- 4 to 6 years of professional experience.
- Highly skilled in intra- and inter-organization coordination and execution.
- Master's degree or beyond in environmental science or related field.
- Capitol Hill experience is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with sustainable land use policy.
- Presentation and communication skills.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled