Knowledge Management Intern
Arlington, VA, United States
10 days ago
Knowledge Management Intern
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
POSITION SUMMARY - This position is based in Arlington, VA (remote possible)
The goal of the Center for Communities and Conservation (CCC) is to ensure that Conservation International (CI), CI’s partner organizations, and the broader conservation community implement a people-centered approach to conservation, honoring our obligations to and partnerships with indigenous peoples and local communities while safeguarding our planet for future generations.
The Knowledge Management (KM) Intern will join the executive team of the CCC and assist the Senior Vice President, Executive and Communications Manager, and Financial Manager in the implementation of the CCC’s long-term goal and strategy. The KM Intern will help facilitate the flow of information between staff in the organization’s divisions and field programs on topics such as environmental peacebuilding and conflict resolution, Rights-Based Approach to conservation; Free, Prior, and Informed Consent, Gender in Conservation, and more. Working in close collaboration with the Executive and Communications Manager, the KM Intern will complete various communications and logistics projects while learning about the role of social science in conservation.
This internship would coincide nicely with a program of study which examines some of CCC’s areas of work by putting textbook knowledge into practice. The Intern would be exposed to the functionality of a Center that is trying to advance the integration of human well-being into conservation at a global level.
- Provide communication and logistical support to the Executive Team's work, including logistical help with upcoming international meetings and conferences.
- Design, write, and edit communications materials such as newsletters, donor reports, and websites for internal and external audiences.
- Liaise with CCC staff to host webinars and meetings, to help create linkages between the division's work and other divisions/offices/partner organizations and identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Provide necessary administrative support such as travel logistics, expense reports, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Remotely or in the office, which would be based in CI’s Arlington, VA office.
- For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our community, all US-based Conservation International staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This mandatory vaccine requirement applies to all staff working remotely, in a hybrid work arrangement, and on-site in CI US offices. CI follows CDC recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines. Requests for reasonable accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in progress, preferably in the fields of Knowledge Management, Communication, Organizational or Non-profit Management, Environmental Studies, International Development, Public Policy, or similar.
- And/or 1-2 years of previous work experience (internships, volunteer leadership positions, etc. allowed).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple ongoing projects and prioritize accordingly.
- Additional language skills, non-profit experience, and passion for conservation are a plus.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled