Individual Giving Coordinator
Arlington, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Individual Giving Coordinator
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
POSITION SUMMARY - This position is based in Arlington, VA
The Development Coordinator, Individual Giving is a key member of the Individual Giving team, providing support for Annual and Midlevel fundraising and helping to manage the day-to-day activities of the digital program. This position coordinates fundraising processes with account leads and managers and provides support for the development of all digital fundraising initiatives and campaigns. The Coordinator will work closely with the team to assist with all aspects of the fundraising process, including project management, email production, donor communications, as well as provide support for other members of the Individual Giving team.
Digital Fundraising Support
- Support the Individual Giving team by playing a key role in the development of digital fundraising initiatives and campaigns.
- Assist with the management of the digital production timeline and process. This includes but is not limited to ensuring all campaigns stay on schedule, connecting with relevant teams for copy, content, and graphics reviews, acting as a project manager, and fostering collaboration between internal and external teams.
- Coordinate the creation and production of digital fundraising materials, including HTML emails, donation forms, autoresponders, and other digital content.
- Provide copyediting and quality assurance on select communications and email campaigns utilizing brand guidelines and best practices.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of fundraising campaigns and provide regular reports.
- Assist with managing the digital fundraising platform, ensuring proper data hygiene and troubleshooting errors in both Raiser’s Edge and Every Action.
- Collaborate with Brand and Communications and Donor Experiences teams, and program leads to identify opportunities for digital donor stewardship and outreach around Conservation International’s priority programs.
Donor Relations and Admin Support
- Provide donor support through our 1-800 phone number and community e-mail inbox, answering calls and e-mails, and coordinating inquiries
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge documentation, updating records to ensure all relevant information about annual and planned giving donors is entered in Raiser's Edge
- Provide administrative support by tracking budgets and processing invoices to ensure partners are paid on time.
- Assist with the production of donor recognition and stewardship materials, such as thank-you letters, donor reports, and other communications.
- Work on special projects as needed such as donor events and webinars.
- Support and collaborate on ad hoc projects with other teams such as Sojourns, Special Events, Midlevel, Major Gifts and support other development or fundraising activities as needed.
People and Resource Management Responsibilities
- This job does not directly manage staff but does have the authority to engage with CI staff as necessary to produce or finalize a proposal, report, or other fundraising or stewardship products.
- May direct the work of vendors, interns, or temporary staff.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor. All members of the Development team regularly serve as back-up to colleagues who are away from the office for short periods of time or on projects with tight deadlines
- Typical office environment.
- Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate time difference with HQ (Arlington, VA) and field programs may be necessary.
- Occasional travel may be required to support account leads and fundraising efforts.
- Guidance on flexible work arrangements will be shared during the interview process.
- For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our community, all US-based Conservation International staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This mandatory vaccine requirement applies to all staff working remotely, in a hybrid work arrangement, and on-site in CI US offices. CI follows CDC recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines. Requests for reasonable accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
- 2 to 4 years of work experience.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS coding or willingness to learn basic coding.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem-solve in areas related to direct responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and critical thinking skills with the ability to multitask.
- Strong attention to detail, proofreading skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team framework.
- Excellent relationship management skills (both internal and with external partners) and the ability to maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to function well in a multicultural, diverse, and fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a geographically dispersed team and to communicate with staff at offsite locations. This includes comfort with communicating via phone, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- A demonstrated passion for and interest in conservation and human development issues.
- A Bachelor’s degree or up to four years of college-level work.
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- 1-2 years experience working in digital marketing/fundraising.
- Experience with EveryAction, Raiser’s Edge, or a similar donor CRM.
- Knowledge of digital fundraising and marketing best practices.
- Donor Relations or Customer Service experience.
- Passion for CI’s mission and a demonstrated understanding of conservation.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility-committed employer. We are proud to have a diverse, global workforce where employment decisions are based on qualifications, experience, position requirements, business needs, market conditions, merit, and other legitimate nondiscriminatory factors.
US Compensation: This position is in the Coordinator pay band $46,988 - $70,481 of CI’s pay structure. Individual compensation is determined by a number of factors including, but not limited to, budgetary considerations, market factors, candidate qualifications, skills, and experience. This range represents a good faith belief of a competitive salary range for this position. This range applies to US compensation only. Please find a list of our US benefits here .