Global Mobility Specialist
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
POSITION SUMMARY - This position is based in Arlington, VA
The Global Mobility Specialist provides expertise and project management in global staffing, specifically employees in countries other than their home countries. This position will develop and execute Conservation International’s global mobility strategy and support global assignment, relocation, tax, and immigration processes, ensuring compliance and providing support in each of these areas.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global HR Delivery and Administration, this position is responsible for the management of CI’s International Assignee program as well as our US immigration program, ensuring appropriate and timely responses to all immigration questions and providing resolution to all issues.
This position collaborates with CI’s HR Business Partners, Recruiting, Total Rewards, Finance, and General Counsel, providing assistance to all levels of personnel on various HR-related issues and requests.
- Serve as a main point of contact and subject matter expert for all global movement-related inquiries.
- Manage the international assignment process and provide support to assignees and their families throughout the assignment lifecycle.
- Working with local countries, develop and implement relocation and immigration policies and procedures that ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Manage US immigration process for employees, providing appropriate responses to all immigration questions.
- Partner with outside vendors, including immigration providers, to ensure high compliance standards in high-risk areas of immigration and taxation.
- Evaluate complex relocation scenarios including international tax and immigration factors and provide practical, simplified solutions for the employee and/or organization.
- Respond to moderately complex questions from all levels of personnel and solve problems based on advanced knowledge of aspects applicable to the subject area.
- Provide excellent customer service and consistently demonstrate professional demeanor, as well as discretion and sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Responsible for managing all global movement logistics and keeping appropriate parties informed.
- Develop and deliver training and communication programs to support the organization’s immigration strategy, ensuring that key stakeholders are aware of policies, processes, and procedures.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Normal office environment.
- Occasional international travel may be required.
- This position follows a hybrid work structure, working some days from the office and some remotely. Guidance will be shared during the interview process.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, plus 7 or more years of related work experience in area(s) of specialization.
- Proven strong understanding of US employment laws.
- Experience with mobility tax compliance/tax equalization.
- Experience working with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team across many different programs.
- Experience with US immigration issues, including H-1B, O, L-1, and J visas.
- Proven subject matter expertise with the ability to escalate issues and problems as needed.
- Proven track record of critical thinking and flexibility when interpreting and analyzing complex guidance and recommendations.
- Experience coordinating and leading projects.
- Experience responding to HR-related questions and problems from all levels of employees/management.
- Experience working with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in delivering high-quality customer service, communicating clearly and with influence.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility-committed employer. We are proud to have a diverse, global workforce where employment decisions are based on qualifications, experience, position requirements, business needs, market conditions, merit, and other legitimate nondiscriminatory factors.
As a science-based organization, CI follows CDC recommendations for COVID-19 and other vaccines. Accordingly, for the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our community, subject to applicable local law, all Conservation International staff are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, vaccination is no longer a mandate or condition of employment and employees are not required to provide proof of vaccination. This means we will not require an individual to be vaccinated to enter a CI office, attend CI events or travel on CI-related trips. This applies for our community partners as well. This vaccine expectation applies to all team members working remotely, in a hybrid work arrangement, and on-site. Job applicants are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.