Arlington, VA, United States
24 days ago
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
We’re seeking an early-career writer to join our growing team. With guidance from the Executive Writer, you will be responsible for high-quality communiques (speeches, op-eds, media statements, etc.) by the CEO and other senior leaders, world-class scientists, and high-profile surrogates. You’ll function as a translator between experts and the public, as well as an in-house strategist, helping our leadership build their public profiles, navigate complex issues, and maintain message discipline. This position reports to the Managing Director of Content, with a dotted line to the Executive Writer.
The deputy writer will:
- Draft speeches, talking points, op-eds, and media statements.
- Draft press release quotes, high-level CEO correspondence, and more.
- Proactively identify opportunities for thought leadership.
- Maintain knowledge of projects across the entire organization and develop relationships with subject-matter experts.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position is located in Arlington, VA.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Guidance on flexible work arrangements will be shared during the interview process.
- For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our community, all US-based Conservation International staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This mandatory vaccine requirement applies to all staff working remotely, in a hybrid work arrangement, and on-site in CI US offices. CI follows CDC recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines. Requests for reasonable accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 4-6 years of related work experience.
- Previous experience in research and writing speeches for others.
- Ability to write clear, concise, and compelling pieces.
- Knowledge of publishing and media landscape.
- Cross-cultural competency and ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Experience managing clients or high-profile principals.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled