Coordinator, Development Operations
Arlington, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Coordinator, Development Operations
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
POSITION SUMMARY - This position is based in Arlington, VA
The Coordinator, Development Operations plays a critical role in the smooth and effective functioning of the Development Division at Conservation International, which is responsible for raising funds from private individuals and foundations. The Development team raises $50M-$100M annually and serves as relationship managers for donors of all levels to catalyze the resources needed for Conservation International to harness nature’s ability to mitigate climate change, to bring ocean conservation to scale globally, to demonstrate sustainability for nature and people in priority landscapes and seascapes, and to accelerate innovation in science and finance for conservation.
The Coordinator, Development Operations supports processing all gifts received by Conservation International and helping to ensure our donor database, Raiser’s Edge, is accurate and up to date. To a lesser extent, this role will also provide administrative support for the operational function of the Division. A successful candidate for this position will have a passion for details and databases, is proactive and resourceful, demonstrating the utmost discretion and the ability to work independently. Ideally, they will also have familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or another database, and an interest in learning more about the system’s capabilities.
Gift Processing and Entry
- Enter all gifts and pledges received by Conservation International through various channels (e.g. online donations, bank wires, etc.) into Raiser’s Edge.
- Run routine data hygiene checks to ensure data accuracy across fundraising systems tools.
- Retrieve data from third-party sites and complete data refreshes daily.
- Fulfill data update requests from Fundraising Operations inboxes.
- Validate and enter projections into Raiser’s Edge.
- Coordinate matching gift approvals and workplace giving entry into Raiser’s Edge.
Operational Division Support
- Administrative tasks as needed for the Development Division such as:
- Assist with contract negotiation tracking, and recording in contract management system
- Assist with invoice payments and tracking
- Assist with procurement of tools and assets managed by the Development Division
- Project manage special projects as assigned, collaborating cross-divisionally as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- The position is based in CI’s Global Support Center in Arlington, Virginia, and is classified as a hybrid position, meaning that the position is expected to work out of the office on average two days per week, and remotely on average three days per week.
- Typical office environment.
- Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate time differences with staff based in different locations may be necessary.
- Occasional travel may be required to support relationship managers and fundraising efforts including events.
- For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our community, all US-based Conservation International staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This mandatory vaccine requirement applies to all staff working remotely, in a hybrid work arrangement, and on-site in CI US offices. CI follows CDC recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines. Requests for reasonable accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
- 2-4 years of work experience.
- Proficiency in database operations and basic computer operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Must have strong time management and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information, and the ability to manage multiple processes at a given time.
- Must be organized with strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently and within a team framework.
- Ability to function well in a multicultural, diverse, and fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a geographically dispersed team and to communicate with staff at offsite locations. This includes comfort with communicating via phone, videoconference, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar donor CRM, ImportOmatic, and other CRM platforms.
- Familiarity with Pivot Tables.
- Experience with fundraising and development at an NGO.
- Interest in global conservation.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled