Accounts Payable Manager
Arlington, VA, United States
24 days ago
Accounts Payable Manager
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
The Accounts Payable (AP) Manager will work with our Dynamic Finance team reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Payroll and Accounts Payable and supervising one direct report. The AP Manager is responsible for overseeing all non-payroll cash disbursements for the US. This position is expected to have a strong knowledge of and experience with AP processes and risks, accounting, IRS regulations related to vendor payments and the 1099 filing, and be familiar with using an ERP system.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable department.
- Responsible for managing process for all disbursements including check runs, Wires, and ACH.
- Responsible for annual 1099 filings and accuracy of vendor master file for 1099 reporting requirements.
- Manage the corporate credit card process and employee expense reports.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of A/P month-end and year-end closing process.
- Monitor, maintain, and enhance all internal controls in relation to A/P and Cash Disbursement functions.
- Preparing and reviewing journal entries to AP-related accounts, preparing reconciliations for these accounts, clearing any applicable reconciling items, and preparing any schedules required for the audit or management.
- Working with the Finance Applications team on potential system upgrades and integrations as it relates to the AP, expense reporting, and grants systems.
- Prepare, and implement training for internal staff on AP-related tasks
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position is considered hybrid; working both remotely and 1-2 days per week at the Arlington, VA office.
- For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our community, all US-based Conservation International staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This mandatory vaccine requirement applies to all staff working remotely, in a hybrid work arrangement, and on-site in CI US offices. Effective January 4, 2022, new hires will be required to provide proof of full vaccination with a government-approved vaccine as a condition for employment. Requests for reasonable accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred plus three or more years of accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Minimum three years of progressive AP experience in a high-volume transaction environment using a major accounting software system.
- Experience as a Concur Administrator or similar expense reporting system.
- Good understanding of basic and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and accounting software.
- Strong experience with 1099, W-9, and W-8 reporting and requirements.
- Strong personal computer skills and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with direct reports, Finance colleagues, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail while possessing a strong work ethic, hands-on, and enthused about working in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with International and FX wires.
- Experience working for an International Non-Profit.
- Experience with Business World.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled