Senior IT Technical Support
San Francisco, CA, United States
10 days ago
The information technology department provides global IT services including business applications, communications, networking, data security and storage, computing devices and support servicesJob Summary This position will assist the information technology department with the deployment and maintenance of the company’s hardware, software, and communications infrastructures. This position will provide senior level technical support services. The ideal candidate will have a broad and strong background in information technology supporting a variety of platforms, operating systems, and applications. This position will work closely with the information technology management team to maintain the following essential duties and responsibilities. Essential Tasks
Technical Support and Troubleshooting:
- Provides information technology hardware and software technical support and troubleshooting services
- Responds promptly and professionally to user issues received via telephone, email, web, and internal escalations
- Be able to step back and recognize repeat helpdesk requests and provide a strategic solution to the organization wide IT issues
- Be able to take a proactive approach to minimizing the helpdesk requests. Creatively implementing solutions that will allow the user community to be more technically self-sufficient
- Manages and optimizes the helpdesk tracking system
- Provides technical support for the Foundation’s numerous systems including online collaboration, messaging, conferencing, hybrid communications, teleconferencing, audio visual systems, and computing devices
- Document incidents and service requests in support tracking system in a clear, concise, and understandable format
- Performs advanced system troubleshooting to resolution on infrastructure services such as DNS service, IP/DHCP addressing, MFA, wired and wireless network access
- Experience with network troubleshooting tools and issues such as dns, ip config, ping, trace route, bandwidth speed test, and different connectivity media types
- Provide primary audio-visual technical support and training as necessary in remote locations, hybrid setups and on-site events and meetings
Application training and support:
- Provides information technology orientation and training on software applications, operating system usage (Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS), Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Box, Slack, Zoom, and other business applications
Computer and IoT Break/Fix:
- Perform workstation and or laptop hardware upgrades, initial builds, rebuilds and troubleshoot to resolution
Telecommunications | Telephony:
- Perform application VoIP and physical telephone installations, configurations, training, and support including Web and Video services
Asset Tracking, Procurement and Evaluations:
- Maintain documentation, asset tracking and processes related to desktop and systems environments
- Perform purchasing and asset management for IT-related inventory, including phones, workstations, and computer peripherals as needed
- Assist in the evaluation, installation, upgrade, and configuration of software and hardware
- A.A. in Information Technology, or relevant field
- Certification such as Network+, A+ or related certification
- 5+ years’ experience with providing technical support, configuration, troubleshooting, and supporting Microsoft Windows and Apple macOS products
- Experience with AWS and Azure cloud computing and SaaS services
- Experience with hosted VoIP enterprise telephone systems
- Experience with deploying, configuring, and maintaining enterprise network printers
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange on-line, Azure Hosting and O365 Applications
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10+ and Apple macOS 11+
- Strong understanding of TCIP/IP addressing, protocols, DHCP, NTP, VPN, and DNS
- Experience with cloud-based backup software
- Experience with enterprise Ethernet switches, routers, firewalls, RSTP and static routing
- Experience with Windows AD & AAD hybrid administration, design, implementation, and maintenance
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. This position is classified as SF-Based.
Commitment to Racial and Social Justice
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people — especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color — who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our Mission
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at ClimateWorks Foundation and as such we are committed to creating a diverse and multi-cultural work environment. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race), ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
ClimateWorks Foundation is committed to complying with all laws protecting qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as employees’ religious beliefs and practices. This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment. ClimateWorks Foundation will provide a reasonable accommodation for any known physical or mental disability of a qualified individual and/or employees’ religious beliefs and practices, as required by law.
If you require an accommodation, please notify Human Resources. Once ClimateWorks Foundation is aware of the need for an accommodation, it will engage in an interactive process to identify possible accommodations.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.
Employment at the ClimateWorks Foundation is at-will.