About the Organization
ClimateWorks Foundation is a global organization committed to our mission: to end the climate crisis by amplifying the power of philanthropy. Since our founding in 2008, we have awarded over $1.3 billion in grants to more than 600 organizations advancing climate solutions around the world. We helped grow the field of climate philanthropy to where it stands today, establishing infrastructure, global networks, and momentum for continued growth. Through our Global Programs and Services, we equip philanthropy with global knowledge, networks, and solutions to drive climate progress.
- Scaling solutions: Our collaborative Global Programs — focused on solution areas including carbon dioxide removal, cooling, industry, transportation, and more — produce results that are bending the greenhouse gas emissions curve. From the U.S. to Europe, China, Brazil, and beyond, we collaborate with a diverse community of funders, NGOs, and climate leaders to accelerate just and equitable climate solutions.
- Guiding and supporting funders: Our Global Services provide funders with comprehensive resources to assess, build, evolve, and execute high-impact climate-giving strategies. Our Global Intelligence service equips funders and the climate community with climate insights to pinpoint opportunities for impact and philanthropic insights to help identify investment priorities. We facilitate Global Collaborations that enable funders to increase individual and collective impact. Our Global Grantmaking services enable funders to invest in climate solutions around the world.
- Fostering collaboration, exploration, and growth: Our collaborative approach and commitment to learning ensures that we continuously explore innovative ideas and emerging opportunities — all with the aim of scaling philanthropy-supported initiatives to help end the climate crisis.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, ClimateWorks’ staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, and grantmakers who care passionately about our mission. For more information, please visit www.climateworks.org.
CWF China is the first regional office that CWF established to further support and advance China’s climate action to achieve the goal of the Paris Agreement and end the global climate crisis. The office will work closely with our international and domestic partners to channel resources to support actions in the key areas including:
- Clean energy transition and accelerating phasing out coal
- Green climate finance
- Capacity building and incubation of innovative approach to advance mitigation
The Partnership and Development Manager provides substantive support to enhance cooperation and interaction of the ClimateWorks China team and key international partners to further advance climate action and philanthropy in China through co-creating thematic strategies, helping fundraising, facilitating funders cooperation, supporting grants managements, and communicating with our network outside of China, and building our capacity to deliver emissions reductions in China.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of CWF China, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Work closely with key funders in supporting co-creation and implementation of strategies to align these efforts to our mission in advance climate actions in China.
- Liaise with Development department to help fundraise for, and implement ClimateWorks' China strategy.
- Support the development and implementation CWF China strategy by periodically reviewing the status of trends of funding from international philanthropies in supporting climate actions in China and identifying key challenges and opportunities of international philanthropies in accelerating implementation of China’s 30-60 commitments.
- Liaise with sectoral programs of CWF in co-creating and implementing strategies to align these efforts to our mission in advance climate actions in China.
- Cooperate with the communications teams in SF office and Beijing office to enhance outreach and communications of CWF China’s work to international audiences to advance our strategic goals including producing products such as China Climate Pulse.
- Support to establish and enhance ClimateWorks as the hub for effective convenings and collaboration among philanthropic funders and grantees interested or engaged in advancing climate actions in China including Climate Philanthropies Learning Network.
- Ensure the smooth and effective passage of grants to China through the multi-stage process of assessment, distribution, and evaluation.
- Attend internal meetings and represent the team to ensure timely communication between HQ and China office.
- Support to prepare briefings and materials for the leadership of CWF to engage in China related events and activities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong program and project management skills based on at least seven years’ experience in a relevant role
- BA degree or equivalent (environmental science and/or policy coursework preferred)
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, relevant stakeholder communities – experts, policy makers, funders, implementing partners, etc.
- A strong foundation of understanding of climate change, including technical, political, and economic drivers
- Excellent relationship management and collaboration skills
- Resourcefulness, good judgement, and a commitment to excellence and integrity
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in both English and Chinese
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and multi-task
- Passion for environmental and social issues
- Experience working in nonprofits or foundations a plus
- Commitment to the mission and values of ClimateWorks Foundation
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently (both virtually and in-person) with minimal supervision
- A commitment to a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location).
Salary Range: The starting salary range for this position is $95,000 - $110,000 annually.
***ClimateWorks strives to create an equitable culture of transparency and fairness.
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. This position is based in New York City.
Commitment to Racial and Social Justice
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people — especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color — who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our Mission
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at ClimateWorks Foundation and as such we are committed to creating a diverse and multi-cultural work environment. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race), ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
ClimateWorks Foundation is committed to complying with all laws protecting qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as employees’ religious beliefs and practices. This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment. ClimateWorks Foundation will provide a reasonable accommodation for any known physical or mental disability of a qualified individual and/or employees’ religious beliefs and practices, as required by law.
If you require an accommodation, please notify Human Resources. Once ClimateWorks Foundation is aware of the need for an accommodation, it will engage in an interactive process to identify possible accommodations.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.
Employment at the ClimateWorks Foundation is at-will.