Data Management Jr. Associate, Systems & Processes
San Francisco, CA, United States
13 days ago
About ClimateWorks Foundation
ClimateWorks Foundation is a global organization committed to our mission: to end the climate crisis by amplifying the power of philanthropy. Since our founding in 2008, we have awarded over $1.3 billion in grants to more than 600 organizations advancing climate solutions around the world. We helped grow the field of climate philanthropy to where it stands today, establishing infrastructure, global networks, and momentum for continued growth. Through our Global Programs and Services, we equip philanthropy with global knowledge, networks, and solutions to drive climate progress.
- Scaling solutions: Our collaborative Global Programs — focused on solution areas including carbon dioxide removal, cooling, industry, transportation, and more — produce results that are bending the greenhouse gas emissions curve. From the U.S. to Europe, China, Brazil, and beyond, we collaborate with a diverse community of funders, NGOs, and climate leaders to accelerate just and equitable climate solutions.
- Guiding and supporting funders: Our Global Services provide funders with comprehensive resources to assess, build, evolve, and execute high-impact climate-giving strategies. Our Global Intelligence service equips funders and the climate community with climate insights to pinpoint opportunities for impact and philanthropic insights to help identify investment priorities. We facilitate Global Collaborations that enable funders to increase individual and collective impact. Our Global Grantmaking services enable funders to invest in climate solutions around the world.
- Fostering collaboration, exploration, and growth: Our collaborative approach and commitment to learning ensures that we continuously explore innovative ideas and emerging opportunities — all with the aim of scaling philanthropy-supported initiatives to help end the climate crisis.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, ClimateWorks’ staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, and grant makers who care passionately about our mission. For more information, please visit www.climateworks.org.
The Systems & Processes team works collaboratively across all departments within ClimateWorks to provide system training, implementation of process improvements, and ongoing support of projects for new features or functionality within key business systems and related data streams. The S&P team also works very closely with the Global Intelligence team to curate and maintain the systems and processes that we use to collect, store, analyze and share climate and philanthropic insight related data with internal staff and our partners. The philanthropic insights function of the Global Intelligence service is one of many shared responsibilities between the Global Intelligence team and the Systems & Processes team in support of the Global Intelligence Service.
The Data Management Jr. Associate, reporting to the Director, Systems & Processes will support the Systems & Processes team (a division of the Operations & Planning Department) in addition to other internal departments as needed, in order to own, maintain and improve core datasets that provide information and insights to staff, donors and grantees in our shared goal of mobilizing philanthropy to solve the climate crisis. The Data Management Jr. Associate will identify opportunities for efficiencies, cross-database connections, and participate in the design of solutions for improved data input and ongoing analysis in ClimateWorks’ internal database.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Data owner for multiple streams of data related to Organizations within MS Excel and Salesforce databases; responsible for all processes related to this data.
- Responsible for data quality and systems related to new Organization/Account creation and maintenance in Salesforce.
- Own the processes for receiving and collecting data from multiple systems and sources.
- Gather key Organization/Account information (address, contact information, legal status etc.), become skilled in internal categorization processes which support Global Intelligence analysis.
- Manage day-to-day time sensitive requests from across ClimateWorks.
- Maintain and continually improve documentation related to Organization/Account data and processes
- Participate in design and maintenance of user-facing Salesforce database
- Work with multiple teams on long term projects supporting process improvement or data quality.
- Work with team members to identify and address any data inaccuracies through regular audits. Document clear policies and communicate with team members to ensure future data errors are prevented
- Work with our Salesforce Administrator to create intelligent validation rules for data inputs
- Assist in testing and implementation of new database features
- Participate in ongoing data architecture processes and governance projects (database structure, security, documentation, process and procedure development)
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location).
Multiple options available through Kaiser & UHC
- HMO - 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- POS - Employee pays difference beyond HMO coverage (3 out of 4 POS options are at 100% coverage for employee and dependents)
- Dental –100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Vision – 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Fertility care through Carrot Fertility. Access to on-demand doctor-approved content, pregnancy support, and virtual chats with medical, legal, and regulatory experts.
Disability Benefit (long and short-term)
Life Insurance (3x base salary up to $750k for employee only)
- 20 days (1st year)
- 25 days (2nd - 8th year)
- 30 days (9th year)
- 11 Observed and 2 floating
- After 6 months of service, CWF automatically contributes 9% of gross earnings per pay period to retirement fund*
- After 6 months of service, CWF matches 100% of employee contributions up to a max of 6% of gross earnings per pay period*