Project Manager, Systems & Processes
30+ days ago
About the Organization
ClimateWorks Foundation is a global organization committed to our mission: to end the climate crisis by amplifying the power of philanthropy. Since our founding in 2008, we have awarded over $1.3 billion in grants to more than 600 organizations advancing climate solutions around the world. We helped grow the field of climate philanthropy to where it stands today, establishing infrastructure, global networks, and momentum for continued growth. Through our Global Programs and Services, we equip philanthropy with global knowledge, networks, and solutions to drive climate progress.
- Scaling solutions: Our collaborative Global Programs — focused on solution areas including carbon dioxide removal, cooling, industry, transportation, and more — produce results that are bending the greenhouse gas emissions curve. From the U.S. to Europe, China, Brazil, and beyond, we collaborate with a diverse community of funders, NGOs, and climate leaders to accelerate just and equitable climate solutions.
- Guiding and supporting funders: Our Global Services provide funders with comprehensive resources to assess, build, evolve, and execute high-impact climate-giving strategies. Our Global Intelligence service equips funders and the climate community with climate insights to pinpoint opportunities for impact and philanthropic insights to help identify investment priorities. We facilitate Global Collaborations that enable funders to increase individual and collective impact. Our Global Grantmaking services enable funders to invest in climate solutions around the world.
- Fostering collaboration, exploration, and growth: Our collaborative approach and commitment to learning ensures that we continuously explore innovative ideas and emerging opportunities — all with the aim of scaling philanthropy-supported initiatives to help end the climate crisis.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, ClimateWorks’ staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, and grantmakers who care passionately about our mission. For more information, please visit www.climateworks.org.
The Systems & Processes (S&P) Department, situated under the broader Operations & Planning team at ClimateWorks designs, develops, and manages the core online applications used by the organization to support key business processes including developing the vision and long-term roadmap for the broader systems architecture. The S&P Department works collaboratively with internal departments to provide guidance and technical support for system integrations that manage ClimateWorks’ online marketing and event management platforms, ClimateWorks’ Intranet as well as real-time data transfers between the general ledger and grants management systems.
The Project Manager, Systems & Processes will report to the Director, Systems & Processes. They will effectively shepherd a portfolio of ongoing projects supporting, but not limited to, the integration of related data streams within ClimateWorks’ primary systems, new features and capabilities in ClimateWorks marketing platform, event management platform, and functionality supporting internal departments’ key business operations.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide direct project management for technology projects supporting the development of the organization-wide systems architecture:
- Develop a standard for project management to support cross-departmental projects lead by the S&P team
- Work with stakeholders to collect and document scope, goals, deliverables, resource requirements, and timings for key projects
- Effectively manage project scope, ensuring changes in scope are appropriately evaluated for impact and documented in project plans and schedules
- Ensure consistent flow of information to project stakeholders to support coordination across the organization. Key information should include decisions, notes, action items, timeline, and activities
- Track and report on project milestones, as agreed upon by project sponsors
- With support from project sponsors and supervisor, identify risks and capture strategies for addressing them
- Support implementation and roll-out of related technology projects:
- Provide project management support for the development of training materials and documentation as part of the standard for S&P project management
- Conduct user acceptance testing sessions throughout the implementation process to identify priorities for future sprints
- Participate in brainstorming and feedback sessions to address new opportunities or challenges as they arise
- Coordinate closely with key vendors and internal staff to align project development and deployment schedules
- Conduct end-to-end testing of new functionality to identify bugs, gaps or inefficiencies
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location).
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. This position is classified as US Flexible. Exceptional candidates can work from the SF office or from other US locations, geographic differential applied to compensation based on local cost of labor.
Commitment to Racial and Social Justice
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people — especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color — who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our Mission
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at ClimateWorks Foundation and as such we are committed to creating a diverse and multi-cultural work environment. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race), ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
ClimateWorks Foundation is committed to complying with all laws protecting qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as employees’ religious beliefs and practices. This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment. ClimateWorks Foundation will provide a reasonable accommodation for any known physical or mental disability of a qualified individual and/or employees’ religious beliefs and practices, as required by law.
If you require an accommodation, please notify Human Resources. Once ClimateWorks Foundation is aware of the need for an accommodation, it will engage in an interactive process to identify possible accommodations.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.
Employment at the ClimateWorks Foundation is at-will
- Strong technology related project management skills based on 5 years’ experience in a relevant role. Salesforce related project management experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated comfort in communicating with stakeholders, both verbal and written, including in following up on agreed action items
- Aptitude for learning new technology platforms to effectively manage related projects
- Strategic understanding of connected data streams and ability to track related information and potential impacts across systems
- A commitment to the mission and values of ClimateWorks Foundation
- Excellent relationship management and collaboration skills
- Adept at leading through change with the goal of improving organizational processes
- Ability to work independently and seek help when appropriate
- Experience using Asana or similar project management tool
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently (both virtually and in-person) with minimal supervision
- A commitment to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment
- Experience with, or aptitude for, facilitating meetings, ensuring that clear decisions and action items are communicated, agreed upon and executed upon
- Ability to join occasional calls outside of working hours to support staff and partners across Europe and Asia
Desired qualifications include experience or expertise in one of the following areas:
- Experience working in a hybrid (virtual and in-person) environment, including with collaboration tools (Mural, Miro, Jamboard, Slack, Zoom)
- Experience with robust online tools that integrate with Salesforce, including email marketing and event management tools (Pardot, Aventri, etc)
- Experience with 3rd party integration tools (Workato, Jitterbit, or Zapier)
- Experience working in multiple countries and across cultures
- Project Management certification or training