Program Manager, Transportation
20 days ago
About the Organization
ClimateWorks Foundation is a global organization n committed to our mission: to end the climate crisis by amplifying the power of philanthropy. Since our founding in 2008, we have awarded over $1 billion in grants to more than 500 organizations advancing climate solutions around the world. We helped grow the field of climate philanthropy to where it stands today, establishing infrastructure, global networks, and momentum for continued growth. Through our Global Programs and Services we equip philanthropy with global knowledge, networks, and solutions to drive climate progress.
- Scaling solutions: Our collaborative Global Programs — focused on solution areas including carbon dioxide removal, cooling, industry, transportation, and more — produce results that are bending the greenhouse gas emissions curve. From the U.S. to Europe, China, Brazil, and beyond, we collaborate with a diverse community of funders, NGOs, and climate leaders to accelerate just and equitable climate solutions.
- Guiding and supporting funders: We provide Global Services provide funders with comprehensive resources to assess, build, evolve, and execute high-impact climate-giving strategies. Our Global Intelligence service equips funders and the climate community with climate insights to pinpoint opportunities for impact and philanthropic insights to help identify investment priorities. We facilitate Global Collaborations that enable funders to increase individual and collective impact. Our Global Grantmaking services enable funders to invest in climate solutions around the world.
- Fostering collaboration, exploration, and growth: Our collaborative approach and commitment to learning ensures that we continuously explore innovative ideas and emerging opportunities — all with the aim of scaling philanthropy-supported initiatives to help end the climate crisis.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, ClimateWorks’ staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, and grant makers who care passionately about our mission. For more information, please visit www.climateworks.org.
About our Transportation Program
The ClimateWorks Transportation Program advances a sustainable, affordable, and low-carbon mobility system for people and goods movement. We broaden support for the transition to cleaner and more efficient and zero-emission vehicle and fuel technologies, and for increasing efficient transportation choices, including transit, walking, biking, and shared mobility. We work with NGOs, academia, business, policymakers, consumers, and other stakeholders to advance sound policy, innovation, and investment. The Road Transport portfolio includes the Drive Electric Campaign which aims to achieve 100% zero-emission road transport for all modes at the speed and scale needed to address the climate challenge.
The Program Manager, Transportation provides high-level project management and support to the ClimateWorks Director and Associate Director, Transportation. The Program Manager develops, provides input on and leads sector-based strategies and research, facilitates and manages exchange between internal and external groups, and helps build internal Network capacities to deliver on the campaign’s goals. This position supports the team in preparation of materials, including reports, dockets and presentations, for meetings both in and outside the Network. The Program Manager will also serve as the project coordinator and liaison between the Program team and other ClimateWorks teams.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
The Program Manager is responsible for the following duties:
- Provide support to the Transportation Director and Associate Director, including the following duties as needed:
- Manage and support a variety of projects contributing to strategy, budgeting, planning, reporting, and grants in the relevant program areas.
- Lead work on short-term and ongoing projects and strategies with a variety of teams within ClimateWorks and the ClimateWorks Network
- Function as a point of contact and representative of the Transportation Campaign by managing network communications and stakeholder relations
- Provide research, planning, and general support to the campaign as needed
- Oversee the editing and production of grant reports, communications materials, and funder reports as necessary
- Assist with production and quality control of outgoing work products
- Oversee the management and supervision of support staff as requested
- Provide general organizational and operations support
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- 7-10 years’ experience in program support roles with at least 2-3 years of experience in a relevant sector such as clean vehicle technologies, policy advocacy, clean energy research, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to initiate and manage projects
- Ability to represent ClimateWorks and the Transportation Campaign in meetings with partners in external events
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Experience working in service to broad range of clients and stakeholders
- Good personal and interpersonal communications skills
- Competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and multi-task
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptable, and proactive in a dynamic work environment
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Passion for environmental and social issues
- Commitment to the mission and values of ClimateWorks Foundation
- Advanced degree in engineering, policy, or other relevant field
- Experience working in nonprofits or foundations a plus
- Experience with, or aptitude for, managing others, including support staff and interns
- Competence in database management (e.g. Salesforce)
Compensation and Location
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. This position is classified as US Flexible. If US Flexible: Exceptional candidates can work from the SF office or from other locations, geographic differential applied to compensation based on local cost of labor.
Commitment to Racial and Social Justice
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people — especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color — who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our Mission
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender/gender identity, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.