Manager, Impact and Learning Systems
30+ days ago
About the Organization
ClimateWorks Foundation is a global organization committed to our mission: to end the climate crisis by amplifying the power of philanthropy. Since our founding in 2008, we have awarded over $1 billion in grants to more than 500 organizations advancing climate solutions around the world. We helped grow the field of climate philanthropy to where it stands today, establishing infrastructure, global networks, and momentum for continued growth. Through our Global Programs and Services we equip philanthropy with global knowledge, networks, and solutions to drive climate progress.
- Scaling solutions: Our collaborative Global Programs — focused on solution areas including carbon dioxide removal, cooling, industry, transportation, and more — produce results that are bending the greenhouse gas emissions curve. From the U.S. to Europe, China, Brazil, and beyond, we collaborate with a diverse community of funders, NGOs, and climate leaders to accelerate just and equitable climate solutions.
- Guiding and supporting funders: Our Global Services provide funders with comprehensive resources to assess, build, evolve, and execute high-impact climate-giving strategies. Our Global Intelligence service equips funders and the climate community with climate insights to pinpoint opportunities for impact and philanthropic insights to help identify investment priorities. We facilitate Global Collaborations that enable funders to increase individual and collective impact. Our Global Grantmaking services enable funders to invest in climate solutions around the world.
- Fostering collaboration, exploration, and growth: Our collaborative approach and commitment to learning ensures that we continuously explore innovative ideas and emerging opportunities — all with the aim of scaling philanthropy-supported initiatives to help end the climate crisis.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, ClimateWorks’ staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, and grantmakers who care passionately about our mission. For more information, please visit www.climateworks.org.
The Manager will support ClimateWorks’ Planning team, and ClimateWorks overall, to build a systematic and learning-focused approach to how we measure and communicate our results. The Manager will assist in designing and maintaining an effective learning and tracking system, and in incorporating findings from this system into our annual planning process. The Manager will be an excellent communicator and facilitator, who brings clarity and an ability to synthesize to the Foundation’s knowledge products. The Manager will provide support to several program areas and service teams in the development of tools and methods to track their progress. The Manager will bring a strong commitment and interest in climate change and justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. Lastly, the Manager will be an organized program manager who can multi-task and is comfortable working on multiple projects at once.
Support the design and maintenance of progress tracking and learning systems
- Assist in the design of a systematic way for ClimateWorks to track progress and results
- Harmonize and streamline KPIs and outcome measures for grants and grantee reporting
- Manage the evaluation database
- Systematically track ClimateWorks results reporting and evaluations
- Manage contracts in support of the work above, as needed
Develop tools and methods that support programs in tracking their progress
- Provide assistance to 3-5 teams in monitoring and reporting on progress
- Support teams to develop progress tracking tools (e.g. results reporting, dashboards)
- Facilitate collaborative design of inputs to proposal and reporting processes (e.g. theories of change, KPIs, outcomes, indicators and other metrics, etc.)
- Provide input on survey design
- Support reporting on grants
Support the incorporation of data-driven findings from program and service areas, including into the annual planning process
- Provide analysis of knowledge products (e.g. evaluations, qualitative findings, surveys etc.) as an input into yearly planning
- Support efforts to enable decision making, including synthesizing and summarizing operational and programmatic data
- Support management and analysis for evaluation and learning workstreams, including those focused on support to funders, grantees, and programs such as end-of-year reviews, grantee perception surveys, organizational health surveys, and more
Facilitate and communicate learning:
- Design and support in-person and virtual meetings and workshops
- Produce reports, memos, presentations, or other materials to communicate learnings to a variety of stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date on relevant research and learning in the climate change ecosystem
- Provide analyses or summaries of learning products
- Support the development of improved knowledge management practices across the foundation
Support work on equity and justice:
- Support deepening incorporation of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion approaches into the Planning team, including in our metrics and results frameworks, and across the foundation
Support project and program management for the Planning team
- Assist with ad hoc requests for partnership on learning and planning as needs arise
- Provide project management for specific projects, including: keeping inputs from a variety of stakeholders on track, sourcing and supporting consultants, managing contracts, editing documents, and more
Skills and experience
- Undergraduate degree required
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience focused on systems for learning
- Experience working in a field relevant to climate change, or a strong demonstrated passion for climate change work
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to synthesize information into meaningful conclusions
- Experience working with data systems and visualization
- Demonstrated skills in monitoring and evaluation approaches
- Strong organizational and project management skills, excellent attention to detail and ability to set priorities and complete projects in a timely manner
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and oral, and demonstrated experience in facilitating cross-team conversations and learning
- Ability and willingness to do the day-to-day project management aspects of the role
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and ideally experience with Salesforce, Tableau, or other data visualization tools
- Takes initiative and is not afraid to try new approaches
- Proven diplomatic approach, with sound professional judgment, discretion in handling sensitive matters, flexibility, and problem-solving skills in a multi-stakeholder environment
- The highest level of personal and professional integrity and quality standards
- Enthusiastic and natural team player the ability to work with cross-functional, virtual, and diverse teams
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize time, projects, and budgets
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently (both virtually and in-person) with minimal supervision
- Ability to work within the Pacific time zone work day and occasionally take early or late calls to accommodate different time zones where needed
- Commitment to a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment
- Commitment to ClimateWorks’ mission and values
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential may apply—if applicable).
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. This position is classified as US Flexible. If US Flexible: Exceptional candidates can work from the SF office or from other locations, geographic differential applied to compensation based on local cost of labor.
Commitment to Racial and Social Justice
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people — especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color — who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our Mission
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at ClimateWorks Foundation and as such we are committed to creating a diverse and multi-cultural work environment. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race), ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
ClimateWorks Foundation is committed to complying with all laws protecting qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as employees’ religious beliefs and practices. This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment. ClimateWorks Foundation will provide a reasonable accommodation for any known physical or mental disability of a qualified individual and/or employees’ religious beliefs and practices, as required by law.
If you require an accommodation, please notify Human Resources. Once ClimateWorks Foundation is aware of the need for an accommodation, it will engage in an interactive process to identify possible accommodations.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.
Employment at the ClimateWorks Foundation is at-will.
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location).
Multiple options available through Kaiser & UHC
- HMO - 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- POS - Employee pays difference beyond HMO coverage (3 out of 4 POS options are at 100% coverage for employee and dependents)
- Dental –100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Vision – 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Fertility care through Carrot Fertility. Access to on-demand doctor-approved content, pregnancy support, and virtual chats with medical, legal, and regulatory experts.
Disability Benefit (long and short-term)
Life Insurance (3x base salary up to $750k for employee only)
- 20 days (1st year)
- 25 days (2nd - 8th year)
- 30 days (9th year)
- 11 Observed and 2 floating
- After 6 months of service, CWF automatically contributes 9% of gross earnings per pay period to retirement fund*
- After 6 months of service, CWF matches 100% of employee contributions up to a max of 6% of gross earnings per pay period*